Port Everglades

hank.p

First time out of Port Everglades on Celebrity Reflection on 1/15/23.  Terminal is 29 but parking garage is 25.  Is it far from the terminal and can we drop bags first?

Also, we need to check in 11am to 11f:30am, will Security let us park earlier?

yes you can drop bags first and I'm pretty sure they run a shuttle bus when the parking is not adjacent ..... they are probably meaning the garage between 19 and 25 aka the mid-port garage .... We cruised from PE- T-18 over Thanksgiving and parking at the port was a mess .... they were stuffing cars anyplace they could find enuf space to squeeze one in. I was directed to park in a space marked NO PARKING ..... We've sailed from PE several times but always had a ride to the terminal and did not leave car there......If I ever need to drive myself to PE again I'll use https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php ... I tried at Thanksgiving but they were full with reservations over a month out . . .

image.thumb.png.756e6239e12a3acafc5b7241429ea98f.png

Edited by Capt_BJ

There will be a shuttle between the Palm Garage and terminal 29.

Palm Parking Garage

The 1,966-space garage services:Palm Garage

• Cruise Terminals 19, 21, 25, 26 and 29
  • Shuttle service is provided between Cruise Terminal 29 and the Palm Parking Garage

Follow the green colored signs featuring a palm frond from any of the Port's entrances. 

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

• Like 1

in other words ... there is ONE garage to serve several terminals ....... 

btw I got sent there when cruising from T-18 and there was NO shuttle .....

port parking at PE is a disaster ..... look for an alternative . . .

Recently posted on

On 1/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, MissP22 said:

I'm not to happy with ParkN Go after returning to my car with a dead battery yesterday. They moved my car & shut it off with it still in drive. I suppose there's something about that position that slowly drains the battery. 🥺

At least they didn't leave the window open. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skip1948 said:

Called them about parking.  Not comfortable leaving our keys with them..  doesn’t make sense.

Since the available room at the lot is somewhat restricted, they'll be moving your car around to make room as needed when a ship returns. 

Since the keys are in all the cars there's nothing to keep someone from taking any car and driving off. The only proof they wanted when going past the booth on the way our was the ticket in the window.

I think we'll be using another parking lot in the future.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 6:22 PM, skip1948 said:

Called them about parking.  Not comfortable leaving our keys with them..  doesn’t make sense.

I would normally make a comment on your feelings about this, but having been at Park n Go recently I would just say that their business is booming.  Lot is packed, which is why they need keys to move vehicles around.  So if you decide to park elsewhere, nothing is lost for them.

You can drop luggage and then park car.  I'd recommend 1 person wait with the luggage and ensure it gets picked up by porter and starts making it's way to your cruise.  We've done the reverse too, leave a person with luggage while someone else gets car.  Easier than lugging everything up to and through the garage.   

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, Capt_BJ said:

yes you can drop bags first and I'm pretty sure they run a shuttle bus when the parking is not adjacent ..... they are probably meaning the garage between 19 and 25 aka the mid-port garage .... We cruised from PE- T-18 over Thanksgiving and parking at the port was a mess .... they were stuffing cars anyplace they could find enuf space to squeeze one in. I was directed to park in a space marked NO PARKING ..... We've sailed from PE several times but always had a ride to the terminal and did not leave car there......If I ever need to drive myself to PE again I'll use https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php ... I tried at Thanksgiving but they were full with reservations over a month out . . .

image.thumb.png.756e6239e12a3acafc5b7241429ea98f.png

I think I can better explain... The heaviest drive up weeks for all ports are Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and local Spring Break cruises.  If port parking are full, then the surrounding remote parking lots are full.  If you are cruising during these weeks, your best bet is rideshare, taxi or hotel shuttle. All other times, there is ample parking.  Terminal 29, drop off luggage first, then park in the Palm Garage.  A complimentary shuttle will bring you back to the terminal and will be there when you debark.  

On 1/9/2023 at 5:58 PM, Capt_BJ said:

If you are sailing from Terminal 18 - you park in the surrounding surface lots.  There is no shuttle because you parked in a garage. 

On 1/9/2023 at 5:58 PM, Capt_BJ said:

19 minutes ago, foflocruiser said:

If you are sailing from Terminal 18 - you park in the surrounding surface lots. If they are full, you park in Heron Garage/Shuttles.  There are no shuttles from Palm Garage/T-18.