Elite benefit for spa on port day

mizLORInj

To those who have used the spa as an elite benefit, can this be on the day of embarkation since technically you are in port?

What about a day where port hours are 12-6---can you use spa only while actually in port, or for the day?

And is this a one-time deal on the 7 nighter or can you go more than one port day?

TIA.   

42 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

To those who have used the spa as an elite benefit, can this be on the day of embarkation since technically you are in port?  

What about a day where port hours are 12-6---can you use spa only while actually in port, or for the day?

And is this a one-time deal on the 7 nighter or can you go more than one port day?

TIA.   

I was told that for all E-class ships, you can only use your Captain's club discount for the regular price, as the other discounts for time/day are not for E-class.  This was on Apex and that was also my experience onboard.  You could go at anytime, as much as you wanted, but the discount was always off full price.

Edited by Lastdance

It is this benefit I'm referring to, and we'll be on Beyond and would like to use Persian Garden one of our port days.  And I see that it is a one-time offer--one port day.

Just needing clarification if day embarkation counts, or is it for the whole port day regardless of hours in port.

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)

16 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I was told that for all E-class ships, you can only use your Captain's club discount for the regular price, as the other discounts for time/day are not for E-class.  This was on Apex and that was also my experience onboard.  You could go at anytime, as much as you wanted, but the discount was always off full price.

I think the OP is referring to the Elite benefit of a free visit to the thermal suite on port days. That benefit doesn't apply to any E-Class ship, nor are there any discounts for E-Class thermal suite passes. As to whether you can use that benefit on embarkation day on M and S class ships that's an interesting question. If it's allowed it would be certainly AFTER sail away. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think the OP is referring to the Elite benefit of a free visit to the thermal suite on port days. That benefit doesn't apply to any E-Class ship, nor are there any discounts for E-Class thermal suite passes. As to whether you can use that benefit on embarkation day on M and S class ships that's an interesting question. If it's allowed it would be certainly AFTER sail away. 

Wow.  So we don't get that benefit on Beyond.  They need to update the Perks list  on their own website. 

Thanks for the info.   

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The full list of benefits gives a little more details and mentions this benefit is only available on S and M class ships:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

Thanks.  This link is what we needed.

I had gotten the list on their website (not this brochure you included), which obviously isn't up to date.   

I wonder why E class ships aren't included.  

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

It is this benefit I'm referring to, and we'll be on Beyond and would like to use Persian Garden one of our port days.  And I see that it is a one-time offer--one port day.

Just needing clarification if day embarkation counts, or is it for the whole port day regardless of hours in port.

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)

The complimentary day only applies to M and S class ships. You’ll unfortunately need to pay to use the spa on the Beyond 

6 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

In any event it does not apply to Day 1.  The spa isn't open that day for services.  It's open for visitation.

I beg to differ. I use the thermal suite on embarkation day on every cruise I go on. My routine is during sail away I'm at the gym then follow up with a good steam,sauna, and shower before dinner. 

9 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

The spa is not named Persian Gardens therefore our Elite benefit does not apply.  I was surprised that when I paid for an expensive treatment on the Apex even that did not grant me access to use the sauna and steam room as I would at a spa on land.

Most cruise ship spas don't provide access anymore to the thermal suites with a treatment. 

21 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Thanks for the detailed correction.  When I think "spa" I think "massage" and that's not open to services on Day 1.  I really should have been clearer and thinking broader.  

You can absolutely get massages, facials, etc in the spa on Day 1, while the ship is still in port and post-departure. These are available for booking both online before your cruise, and at the spa in person, usually at a significant discount. Not every esthetician is giving spa tours!