Specility Dining Package - Best way to book onboard

Nashna

We have purchased the three-night Speiclaty dining Package.  Since we can't make reservations until we board, what is the best way to do so?  Should we go to the individual restaurants?  Is there a central location to make reservations?  We are only interested in dining at Prime Cut and Eden.    

Last year when we were on APEX down by guest relations there was a table set up for making specialty reservations. Just go down to I believe deck 3 ( Guest Services ) and there should be someone there to help you. 

Cheers! 

14 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We have purchased the three-night Speiclaty dining Package.  Since we can't make reservations until we board, what is the best way to do so?  Should we go to the individual restaurants?  Is there a central location to make reservations?  We are only interested in dining at Prime Cut and Eden.    

I’d go directly to one of the specialty restaurants because I got a feeling those poor souls in Guest Services are going to have their hands full.

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

I’d go directly to one of the specialty restaurants because I got a feeling those poor souls in Guest Services are going to have their hands full.

It’s not Guest Services that helps you, They have a dedicated table set up with staff that is there to make reservations for specialty dining. It just happens to be outside of Guest Services. When on S class ships we go to Murano and make all of our reservations. 

For the 10th time ( maybe more ) this has been brought up-- Here's what to do:

Go straight to the Specialty restaurant of your choice-- don't stop , don't ask the person vacuuming the floors how many contract they've been on , don't ask an Officer what the strips on his/her jacket mean, don't , etc, etc ( lots of don'ts)--- 

When you get there , speak to the Manager (Maitre'd), and request the day and time--- 

When he/she/ tells you " Sorry , these times are all reserved, but we can take you at " whenever ", ---

Here's what to say :

Tell him/her " Theses times are not suitable. Here's my room number . Please call me if there is a cancellation (  smile indicating $$ )". 

You are bound to get a message on your phone --- " This is X from Specialty restaurant XX. We are pleased to inform you that there was a cancellation on XXX and we look forward to seeing you at that time ".

When you get there you will be greeted by " Guess who " --- 

Now, show him/her your appreciation ( $$ ) for contacting you.

He/she will thank you and tell you " any time I can help you, just let me know "

Everybody is happy---

That's how the " system " works.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

For the 10th time ( maybe more ) this has been brought up-- Here's what to do:

Go straight to the Specialty restaurant of your choice-- don't stop , don't ask the person vacuuming the floors how many contract they've been on , don't ask an Officer what the strips on his/her jacket mean, don't , etc, etc ( lots of don'ts)--- 

When you get there , speak to the Manager (Maitre'd), and request the day and time--- 

When he/she/ tells you " Sorry , these times are all reserved, but we can take you at " whenever ", ---

Here's what to say :

Tell him/her " Theses times are not suitable. Here's my room number . Please call me if there is a cancellation (  smile indicating $$ )". 

You are bound to get a message on your phone --- " This is X from Specialty restaurant XX. We are pleased to inform you that there was a cancellation on XXX and we look forward to seeing you at that time ".

When you get there you will be greeted by " Guess who " --- 

Now, show him/her your appreciation ( $$ ) for contacting you.

He/she will thank you and tell you " any time I can help you, just let me know "

Everybody is happy---

That's how the " system " works.

Our sailing is almost sold out.  The Retreat has been totally booked for months.  I don't see this working under those circumstances.  We will try it, but I am not hopeful.

6 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Our sailing is almost sold out.  The Retreat has been totally booked for months.  I don't see this working under those circumstances.  We will try it, but I am not hopeful.

They do hold some reservations for on board booking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nashna said:

"The Retreat has been totally booked for months"

That's how the " system " works. They do it purposely.

We all know it's done at up-scale restaurants on land also. 

I get the system. I grew up with a loving dad who was an expert at the palm.   I checked out our sailing and the ONLY reservation currently available at Prime Cut or Eden available for the eleven days was 9:30pm... except for the first night 8:00pm available at Prime Cut.  Since I am not a fan of stress on a vacation, I have cancelled our 3-night Speiclaty dining package, confirmed the 8:00pm for just one night, and will be stress free walking onto the cruise.  We have access to fine dining in the Washington DC area.  I'd much rather focus on the cruise experience than worry about where we are dining or rushing to board to be first in line.