Rome Center to Cruise Port

tj_shopper

We will be on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas on Monday, May 15, 2023.  Does anyone know what the earliest check-in time for our cruise will be? Is it 10:30 a.m. like the U.S. cruise ports?

Also, we will be hiring a private car service to take us from Rome Center to the cruise port. I believe the drive will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes. It's on a Monday morning. Anyone know if there will be traffic and if we should plan on an earlier time to leave. We were initially thinking of pick up at 9:00 a.m.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

We will be on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas on Monday, May 15, 2023.  Does anyone know what the earliest check-in time for our cruise will be? Is it 10:30 a.m. like the U.S. cruise ports?

Also, we will be hiring a private car service to take us from Rome Center to the cruise port. I believe the drive will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes. It's on a Monday morning. Anyone know if there will be traffic and if we should plan on an earlier time to leave. We were initially thinking of pick up at 9:00 a.m.

Thank you.

Let the car service tell you when to pick up.  They know the driving conditions best. Just tell them at what time you need to be there. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, marazul said:

Let the car service tell you when to pick up.  They know the driving conditions best. Just tell them at what time you need to be there. 

Totally agree.

Check on the RCI board for their check in policy and procedures in Civi. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:43 AM, cruisemom42 said:

I would also confirm that you can actually board that early. Procedures vary from port to port and sometimes there is a less relaxed attitude about "early boarding" in European ports.

Thank you.  I was hoping someone on here would know what the earliest boarding time was for Rome.  We are going next week out of Texas and our boarding time is 10:30 a.m.  We also boarded out of New Jersey for our cruise last June and it was also 10:30 a.m.

I don't think any cruise line in any port has an "official" time that you can check in.  You could call your cruise line and ask them what to expect.  Generally, they start the process once the personnel are in place and ready with all their setup they need to do.  This can vary somewhat.  If the ship was late arriving that morning, that definitely impacts things.  But yes, it generally is between 9:30 and 10:30 for most locations, but it could be later if the stars don't align.  Actual boarding will not start until all the passengers from the previous cruise have left the ship.  Sometimes there are a few stragglers that delay boarding.  But this doesn't usually impact the ability to check-in.

In my multiple European cruises (including a couple from Rome), check-in and boarding times were very similar to what you are familiar with in the USA.  If 10:30 works for you, I would arrive at 10:30.  You may or may not have a short wait outside the building while they get ready for you.  Unless told otherwise, I would probably be there by 10:00, since I like to arrive early.  I don't mind waiting if I need to.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:56 PM, tj_shopper said:

Thank you.

Just a thougt. Do you really want to check in that early and spend the day in an ugly commercial port? If your ship doesn't sail until 5 pm or later, you have a couple of options. One would be to do some additional sightseeing in Rome and leave for the port late morning or early afternoon.  The other would be to include an excursion as part of your transfer to the ship. For example:

https://www.romecabs.com/tours/precruise-rome-countryside-tour/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Unless told otherwise, I would probably be there by 10:00, since I like to arrive early.  I don't mind waiting if I need to.

....and I prefer to arrive later when there are no lines and so that I can spend another good half day sightseeing in Rome before arrival at the port. There is plenty of time to see the ship -- you'll be on it for a while. 😉

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I don't think any cruise line in any port has an "official" time that you can check in.  You could call your cruise line and ask them what to expect.  Generally, they start the process once the personnel are in place and ready with all their setup they need to do.  This can vary somewhat.  If the ship was late arriving that morning, that definitely impacts things.  But yes, it generally is between 9:30 and 10:30 for most locations, but it could be later if the stars don't align.  Actual boarding will not start until all the passengers from the previous cruise have left the ship.  Sometimes there are a few stragglers that delay boarding.  But this doesn't usually impact the ability to check-in.

In my multiple European cruises (including a couple from Rome), check-in and boarding times were very similar to what you are familiar with in the USA.  If 10:30 works for you, I would arrive at 10:30.  You may or may not have a short wait outside the building while they get ready for you.  Unless told otherwise, I would probably be there by 10:00, since I like to arrive early.  I don't mind waiting if I need to.

I like to arrive early too!  I like to get on and start looking for food lol!

5 hours ago, marazul said:

Just a thought. Do you really want to check in that early and spend the day in an ugly commercial port? If your ship doesn't sail until 5 pm or later, you have a couple of options. One would be to do some additional sightseeing in Rome and leave for the port late morning or early afternoon.  The other would be to include an excursion as part of your transfer to the ship. For example:

https://www.romecabs.com/tours/precruise-rome-countryside-tour/

We actually arrive in Rome on Friday, so a good 2.5 days prior to cruising.  We've also been to Rome before.  I just want to get to the ship so that I don't worry about missing the ship.  There are about 35 of us in our group and I'm sort of the group leader.  With so many of us, I just want to make sure we all get there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

We actually arrive in Rome on Friday, so a good 2.5 days prior to cruising.  We've also been to Rome before.  I just want to get to the ship so that I don't worry about missing the ship.  There are about 35 of us in our group and I'm sort of the group leader.  With so many of us, I just want to make sure we all get there.

I understand -- you are shepherding a large group. I'm sure it'll be a load off your mind when you're all onboard. Enjoy!!

(But just to twitch the leash, I've been to Rome about 20 times.....and the food will be better there than on your ship. 🤣🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I understand -- you are shepherding a large group. I'm sure it'll be a load off your mind when you're all onboard. Enjoy!!

(But just to twitch the leash, I've been to Rome about 20 times.....and the food will be better there than on your ship. 🤣🤣)

I know.  We are all so excited to eat, eat, eat!!!  My BFF loves pizza so we're going to have as much pizza and pasta as we can.  My hubby loves pasta lol.  Trying to satisfy the whole group!

• Haha 1