Dining room options

CruiserKris34

If a young adult (or anyone for that matter) is a picky eater & does not care for any of the entrees in the MDR, can they order i.e. chicken tenders or mac & cheese, etc.?  We want her to go to dinner with us, but don't want her to feel embarrassed for not ordering one of the main entrees. (Nieuw Statendam)  Thanks, Kris

She can order from the children's menu, but there will be a significant delay in receiving the order. 

I suggest that she take a look at the menu the night before and decide if there's anything on it she wants. If not, select from the children's menu and pre-order. There is definitely chicken tenders and mac & cheese on there (or was last time I ordered off it). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

She can order from the children's menu, but there will be a significant delay in receiving the order. 

There is no delay when ordering off kids menu. Why would you have that impression? If anything they usually bring those orders out faster. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

There is no delay when ordering off kids menu. Why would you have that impression? If anything they usually bring those orders out faster. 

Because I have ordered off the children's menu many times when on a long cruise. That has always, always, always been my experience when ordering the same evening. 

7 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Does HAL have a "always available" section on their menu's?  Like a fallback if you don't like anything on the menu?

They have incorporated the “always available” section into the main menu, now, so you won’t see them listed separately.  The mains are:  rustic lasagna, herb-roasted chicken, salmon,  and a New York strip.  They’ll also have Caesar salad and onion soup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

They have incorporated the “always available” section into the main menu, now, so you won’t see them listed separately.  The mains are:  rustic lasagna, herb-roasted chicken, salmon,  and a New York strip.  They’ll also have Caesar salad and onion soup.

Thanks!  Princess always did this too but heard they are doing away with it.  Or at least taking away everyone's favorites.