What to do with fixed dining time (5:30pm) but excursion get's you back more like 6:30pm?

2 hours ago, Donsyb said:

Isn’t that the new RC private area they’re building?

I don't think so.  The construction is right by the dock, and it appears that all ships -- RC or other -- would walk through it upon entering Nassau.  But it's hard to be sure, having seen it only halfway completed.  

At the moment, the construction forces huge numbers of people into a bottleneck.  It's slow and, as I said before, genuinely felt unsafe -- and I'm not a person who's quick to say something like that. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Going to miss your MD meal, happens, cant go 45-60min late. Done many Cruises over the yrs when couldnt get back til 7-10pm, even had one lasting til Midnite. Wind Jammer or Room Service, depending the ship it might be a good nite for one the other Restaurants...

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I like a lot of people feel just do the WJ.  Trust me you will want a quick meal and back to your room.

with so many options, more and more folks do not go to the MDR every night.

the WJ for salad and perhaps a burger and or mexican food would be a nice way to end the day.

2 hours ago, exm said:

If you miss your dining window, go to the WJ buffet. Is that a problem?

It wouldn't ruin our cruise to eat at the buffet one evening, but our family dinners in the MDR are always a highlight of our cruises.  It's a special time for us to wind down, chat, and be pampered with the full service.  That's just us though.  Everyone is different.

My wife's parents and our son (15) will be on this cruise.  He hasn't been to Nassau before, otherwise I'd consider just staying and enjoying the ship.

We'll also be visiting in December with the same group plus our two college age daughters (who also haven't visited Nassau before).  Hopefully we find something worthwhile to do.

Dan

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It wouldn't ruin our cruise to eat at the buffet one evening, but our family dinners in the MDR are always a highlight of our cruises.  It's a special time for us to wind down, chat, and be pampered with the full service.  That's just us though.  Everyone is different.

My wife's parents and our son (15) will be on this cruise.  He hasn't been to Nassau before, otherwise I'd consider just staying and enjoying the ship.

We'll also be visiting in December with the same group plus our two college age daughters (who also haven't visited Nassau before).  Hopefully we find something worthwhile to do.

Dan

Dan, I am with you. I absolutely love the MDR dinners. The only alternative is to wait until 8PM, and walk-in to see if there's any available tables.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, exm said:

Dan, I am with you. I absolutely love the MDR dinners. The only alternative is to wait until 8PM, and walk-in to see if there's any available tables.

Thanks! 👍

I think we've scrapped the Blue Lagoon more so based on research and reviews lately rather than interfering with dinner.  However if we find another option that again interferes with dinner we'll probably try things in this order:  1)  See if we can get into dining room under MTD, 2) check availability at 8pm, 3) Windjammer

• Like 1

Does the ship have a Solarium Bistro?  If so, you could add “make reservations at Solarium Bistro” to your list of options.  While also a buffet, it has a much different feel than the WJ.  You can make the reservations in the cruise planner and cancel if you decide not to go

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

well then I guess you could just do My time dining one night and stand in line.

Ya have to decide if the excursion or MDR is important on any given day.  I feel many option on a ship to not worry about one night missing main dining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Does the ship have a Solarium Bistro?  If so, you could add “make reservations at Solarium Bistro” to your list of options.  While also a buffet, it has a much different feel than the WJ.  You can make the reservations in the cruise planner and cancel if you decide not to go

Yes, Anthem.  Pretty good suggestion!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks! 👍

I think we've scrapped the Blue Lagoon more so based on research and reviews lately rather than interfering with dinner.  However if we find another option that again interferes with dinner we'll probably try things in this order:  1)  See if we can get into dining room under MTD, 2) check availability at 8pm, 3) Windjammer

MTD is not going to take you for 1 night - tried that many times  but never sucessfull!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1