Forward Facing Club Class Mini Suites

Dreamer333

We were in M107 on the Discovery back in August. It's a great cabin, from my point of view. The cabin layout is superior, in that the sleeping area has some separate from the living area. There's a big, forward facing window in the bedroom that's really nice. After dark, you have to keep the curtains closed as long as you're up and around with any lights on, but you can open them back up when you go to bed and have some great star gazing. The balcony is huge. It extends out over the bridge. You do get a lot of wind, but I was always able to find a place out there that was acceptable to sit. I'll warn you that if it's foggy you will hear the fog horn. 

We were in M108 on the Royal a few years back, which is the same cabin but on port side rather than starboard. That cruise sold us on these M6 minis completely. We currently have four cruises booked, and all of them are in the M6 minis. Love those things.

First time to sail in this cat. Chose L107 for an Alaskan cruise on Discovery this spring. Having only seen this cat. of cabin on video, it will be nice to try it out if only for a 7 day cruise. Never had club class, and have purchased Princess Premier as well. This trip will see if it is worth all the hype If so. will up our game next year on the new Sun Princess, fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

We were in L107 on the Enchanted Princess for a trans-Atlantic last April. As Sea Hag said earlier, the room layout with the separate sleeping area and forward facing window is great! The wrap around balcony is huge (though not as big as the massive size of the Marina deck versions) and we were able to spend about half our days at sea out there relaxing (depends on wind direction). Our balcony already had two of the standard pool loungers in addition to the typical chairs and ottomans. A very quiet location at the front of the ship and easy access to the pools, bars, grills, and buffet on the same level. We have M108 reserved on the Discovery for an upcoming Inside Passage cruise. These pics are from the Enchanted L107 cabin.IMG_2800.thumb.JPG.89aa99c7e778cf898aa8a3993d5d0000.JPGIMG_2773.thumb.JPG.9b619ca425d94ce4ef06f5eac85478fb.JPGIMG_2772.thumb.JPG.9f4b97bd43de11d603e575d206860abd.JPG

We’ve sailed in L107 on the Majestic and the Royal and we love the M6 cabins. They feel like a full-suite cabin because of the layout and the very large wrap around balcony. We really enjoyed the large balcony on our thanksgiving cruise because the Royal was at 109% capacity so I could lay out on our balcony and not have to deal with all the people at the pool. I like the proximity of these cabins to the adult pool area and DH likes the proximity to the buffet. We will book these cabins every cruise if one is available. We’ve got L107 booked again on the Royal for the 1/31 sailing.

Another member of the L107 club here -- Royal Princess. Love, love, love this cabin. The wind while underway is the real deal, but can be mitigated by wind and sea conditions combined with the ship's heading. If you're sailing 20 knots into a 20 knot headwind, yeah, not enjoyable out there. But if you've got the wind at your stern and the weather is nice, you can absolutely enjoy the balcony while underway. 

The easy access to everything on Deck 16 is wonderful. Less time in elevators, more time enjoying the ship and sea.

image.thumb.jpeg.8cc16ba999285483d460e8055e7178d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0bfe8b0848c23ef186a60267661dcbef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.691a80353330f91b8cf1c6e2d60f67f1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.77be8d7b58bb10636bd76b568c389d1b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a429b661e3e67c187230c6922f79ffd.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, you can. There's a small sofa that folds out or pulls out.

Our experience on the Royal Princess last May was that there was NOT a third person option in M108.  We were shocked at that, considering the size of the mini suite.  We had our travel agent double check with Princess, and she confirmed that it only slept two.  There certainly was a small sofa—but when we double checked it in person . . sure enough, it was NOT a pullout.  I’m not sure if that’s the case for the other Royal Class ships, though.  And L107 and L108 might be different.

We enjoyed our forward deluxe balcony on the Regal (Lido deck) I am also short and can't see over the steel barrier. Someone on  these boards said that she stacks two balcony chairs and she can see out!

The balcony is enormous! 

13 hours ago, Cobber76 said:

Our experience on the Royal Princess last May was that there was NOT a third person option in M108.  We were shocked at that, considering the size of the mini suite.  We had our travel agent double check with Princess, and she confirmed that it only slept two.  There certainly was a small sofa—but when we double checked it in person . . sure enough, it was NOT a pullout.  I’m not sure if that’s the case for the other Royal Class ships, though.  And L107 and L108 might be different.

That is so weird! I was sure it was a pullout. Oddly, deckplans on Princess' site show it as having a sofa bed. I don't doubt your experience, but it's really odd. 

On another note, I see that these minis are now listed as "Reserve Collection Mini Suite." Wonder when they made that change.

Edit: I was curious on this, so I checked it out. Those forward corner minis sure don't show up if you choose 3 persons, at least on Royal and Discovery.  I lack both the patience and curiosity to check all of them, but I imagine they're all like that. Go figure.

Edited by Sea Hag

7 hours ago, nini said:

We enjoyed our forward deluxe balcony on the Regal (Lido deck) I am also short and can't see over the steel barrier. Someone on  these boards said that she stacks two balcony chairs and she can see out!

The balcony is enormous! 

I sat on the little table part of the time. It's higher than the chairs, so I could see over the railing. I'm short too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

That is so weird! I was sure it was a pullout. Oddly, deckplans on Princess' site show it as having a sofa bed. I don't doubt your experience, but it's really odd. 

On another note, I see that these minis are now listed as "Reserve Collection Mini Suite." Wonder when they made that change.

Edit: I was curious on this, so I checked it out. Those forward corner minis sure don't show up if you choose 3 persons, at least on Royal and Discovery.  I lack both the patience and curiosity to check all of them, but I imagine they're all like that. Go figure.

Every mini suite I have ever been in on a Princess ship had a sofa bed

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

Every mini suite I have ever been in on a Princess ship had a sofa bed

I thought so too. I thought all the sofas were sofa beds, but I couldn't get the forward corner minis on Royal and Discovery to show up if I selected 3 people. They did show up if I chose 2 people. 

10 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

At the time I initially was looking at M108,  I just couldn’t believe it didn’t hold three people—so I had my travel agent check into it.  After Princess confirmed it was only for two people, we had to change our plans, because our adult daughter was planning on joining us. When our daughter’s plans changed, we were able to secure M108.  On our first day, I double checked the sofa, because I thought for sure it would be a sleeper sofa.  But, nope!  That cabin was only for two people!  It makes no sense to me—unless because of the position of the sofa that it would be a fire hazard for those in the bedroom?  That’s the only thing we could think of.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cobber76 said:

At the time I initially was looking at M108,  I just couldn’t believe it didn’t hold three people—so I had my travel agent check into it.  After Princess confirmed it was only for two people, we had to change our plans, because our adult daughter was planning on joining us. When our daughter’s plans changed, we were able to secure M108.  On our first day, I double checked the sofa, because I thought for sure it would be a sleeper sofa.  But, nope!  That cabin was only for two people!  It makes no sense to me—unless because of the position of the sofa that it would be a fire hazard for those in the bedroom?  That’s the only thing we could think of.  

I think you nailed it. It would be iffy getting around the sofa in the middle of the night if it were a sofa bed. I never actually thought about that, since there's never three of us.

• 3 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, Cobber76 said:

We (3 of us) are booked on Royal Princess for Alaska in June and received the email for the upgrade program to bid on rooms.  The odd thing is the Club Class forward mini suites (M107/M108/L107/L108) are showing up as rooms we can bid on, yet didn't show up as a room we could book for the 3 of us.  Everything I'm seeing is they only hold 2.  The Princess rep claims they can give us a free bed for the 3rd person, again weird because they never said it had a sofabed (which would mean it holds 3).  They assured me it will hold 3 although on CruiseStateroom it doesn't show that.   I'm a little uneasy putting in a bid on room and getting it and having a problem the day we show up to the ship.  Anyone else have any info on this?

6 hours ago, BnCTadventures said:

We (3 of us) are booked on Royal Princess for Alaska in June and received the email for the upgrade program to bid on rooms.  The odd thing is the Club Class forward mini suites (M107/M108/L107/L108) are showing up as rooms we can bid on, yet didn't show up as a room we could book for the 3 of us.  Everything I'm seeing is they only hold 2.  The Princess rep claims they can give us a free bed for the 3rd person, again weird because they never said it had a sofabed (which would mean it holds 3).  They assured me it will hold 3 although on CruiseStateroom it doesn't show that.   I'm a little uneasy putting in a bid on room and getting it and having a problem the day we show up to the ship.  Anyone else have any info on this?

I’ve stayed in L107 two times in the last year and it is only a 2 person cabin. The couch didn’t make into a bed. If you have 3 people in your room I wouldn’t bid on these 4 cabins as my understanding is none of them have convertible couch to bed.

It looks like Princess has caught on that some of us really like these “Fab 4” cabins. In my past experience these cabins have been cheaper than booking a Club Class mid-ship cabin. Today I priced a cruise for early 2025 on the Majestic and the forward facing CC cabins were more expensive than the CC mid-ship cabins. It was a good run while it lasted and I’ll still book the forward facing cabins but I did like it when they were cheaper. 

Edited by KLM3164

10 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

I’ve stayed in L107 two times in the last year and it is only a 2 person cabin. The couch didn’t make into a bed. If you have 3 people in your room I wouldn’t bid on these 4 cabins as my understanding is none of them have convertible couch to bed.

Yeah, I don’t think we’re going to bid, just found it very strange that they would send me an offer to bid for that cabin, considering we have three people on our reservation. Thanks for the information,  looks like a great room. We are staying in the smaller forward facing mini suite right next to it L106.

We had L107 on the Royal a couple years ago in the Mediterranean, absolutely magnificent, especially sailing in and out of Kotor. It can get a little wild up there when sailing in to a headwind, a couple times we had to tuck the deck furniture underneath the sloping metal frontage on the diseases facing part of the balcony to stop it blowing around, but that was not a problem for us. The internal layout of the forward corner cabins differs slightly between Lido and marina deck. There are a few reviews on YouTube that show the differences.