Is this acttivity shown in the ship's Fun Times OR..?

SmoothFlying

Does it happen , depending from ship to ship, on more or less word of mouth? Also, in most instances where do they have it? I've never noticed it in the fun times and was afraid it'd be crowded almost shoulder to shoulder. The reason I'm asking is because my wife and I are on the Elation this month (since it's a smaller ship, AT may not even be offered) but my wife is on a mobile walker and we surely don't want to be in the way. I know from 1st hand experience how easy it is to catch your foot on those pesky devils. 😞 Any help or advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Mac

4 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

LOLLLLLLLLL !! Sorry 'bout that !! I just realized I LEFT the activity out of the tittle and question I was asking about the Tea time I am SO sorry. Old age, I guess. 😞

Mac

Someone else will probably have to answer this one. I don't remember ever having seen it in the Fun Times. I've never been to one because I would always forget it existed. They did take it away for awhile but I think they either brought it back or they're bringing it back.

Edited by Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Thanks, St G, I know it probably attracts an 'OLDER' group of folks. 🙂

Mac

Yeah I haven't been opposed to trying it I just forget it exists which makes me think maybe it isn't in the Fun Times.

Wait I found it. It's under the Hungry for More section on page 2.

Sunrise122622Day5b.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Does it happen , depending from ship to ship, on more or less word of mouth? Also, in most instances where do they have it? I've never noticed it in the fun times and was afraid it'd be crowded almost shoulder to shoulder. The reason I'm asking is because my wife and I are on the Elation this month (since it's a smaller ship, AT may not even be offered) but my wife is on a mobile walker and we surely don't want to be in the way. I know from 1st hand experience how easy it is to catch your foot on those pesky devils. 😞 Any help or advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Mac

Tea time shows up in the fun times in the Hub app.

• Like 3

Tea time was on the hub app last month on Mardi Gras but I only saw it on the day of the activity.  There was no prior mention of it anywhere that I remember seeing. 

Seems like if you maybe go to guest services when you get on the ship you could ask them which day and time as well as perhaps some assistance for your wife on that day since she has the mobile walker.  

Edited by Drazil65

I believe it's always been at 3:00 on sea days.  The last time we went it took place in the main dining room.  They seat you as you arrive, so most of the time you are sitting with whomever arrives at the same time as you.  Once a table is full they seat people at the next table.  

It's actually quite nice, and it wasn't all older folks.  There was a wide range of ages.

• Like 2

Yes, sea days at 3 is the norm.  Because it is a smaller ship the Elation has done Tea Time in the Piano Bar in the past.  It's not always just older folks.  My daughter used to love dressing up for Tea Time when she was in the 7-10 range, and our last cruise we went just for nostalgia's sake.  Hope you and your wife enjoy!  

Cheers!

I REALLY want to do this in a week when we cruise on our 4 dayer on Sunrise.  NEVER been in 47 cruises lol!  After having a proper tea in England and Scotland a couple years ago, I love the idea of tea time now - but always forget about it when I am onboard.

Question is, do they do this on all sailings or only above a certain number of days, like 5 days or longer?

Thanks all

3 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Tea time was on the hub app last month on Mardi Gras but I only saw it on the day of the activity.  There was no prior mention of it anywhere that I remember seeing. 

Seems like if you maybe go to guest services when you get on the ship you could ask them which day and time as well as perhaps some assistance for your wife on that day since she has the mobile walker.  

You can skip ahead on the Hub app and see what is going on later in the cruise.  I do that all the time to plan my activities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

You can skip ahead on the Hub app and see what is going on later in the cruise.  I do that all the time to plan my activities.

Is it in places to eat or things to do?  I always scroll through all days on our cruise the first night on board and mark the things I want to do and I have never seen tea time there... part of the reason I haven't been, never see it listed as an option.

I don't look at the places to eat very often... just maybe to check a menu in the MDR only so I can see what is for dinner that night.

Just now, wemjam said:

Is it in places to eat or things to do?  I always scroll through all days on our cruise the first night on board and mark the things I want to do and I have never seen tea time there... part of the reason I haven't been, never see it listed as an option.

I don't look at the places to eat very often... just maybe to check a menu in the MDR only so I can see what is for dinner that night.

I wasn't specifically talking about tea time.  But I know for sure that you can see all the menus and activities, so I don't know why tea time would be an exception.

Just now, staceyglow said:

I wasn't specifically talking about tea time.  But I know for sure that you can see all the menus and activities, so I don't know why tea time would be an exception.

Yea, I swear the first night my ritual is to  look at everyday things to do for the cruise and at ALL activities and mark all my hearts right away on my husbands hub app so he can make sure to get me to all the stuff I want to do... and I have not seen Tea Time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Check my post up above. It's in Hungry For More on the Fun Times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, obx_fintoo said:

Yes, sea days at 3 is the norm.  Because it is a smaller ship the Elation has done Tea Time in the Piano Bar in the past.  It's not always just older folks.  My daughter used to love dressing up for Tea Time when she was in the 7-10 range, and our last cruise we went just for nostalgia's sake.  Hope you and your wife enjoy!  

Cheers!

Thank you fintoo and EVERYBODY for your kind responses :)) My wife downloaded her App for the Elation and we'll check it and the funtimes for any mention of a seadat teatime.

Mac 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Check my post up above. It's in Hungry For More on the Fun Times.

I did see that, but we don't get the fun times anymore since they do not specifically provide them and you have to go ask for one at guest services.   We always use the hub app and was just wondering if it is in the hub app somewhere we are missing it?

33 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I did see that, but we don't get the fun times anymore since they do not specifically provide them and you have to go ask for one at guest services.   We always use the hub app and was just wondering if it is in the hub app somewhere we are missing it?

I can’t tell you if it’s in the app or not. That’s not totally accurate on the fun times though. You don’t have to ask for it. It’s usually available for pickup at the coffee shop and guest services. I saw them at the red frog rum bar on one ship.

But you don’t even have to do that. They’re on the intranet. just connect to the ship’s network..you don’t have to have wifi. Just connect to their network and go to this link. Keep it open in a browser and refresh each day.

http://fhma.cclfunhub.com/~/media/files/documents/funtimes.pdf

I pulled this from the Riverwalk mall on Sunday when glory was in port.

funtimes.pdf

Edited by Saint Greg

Yes it was both on the paper and in the app. I would never have found it on the app if it wasn't for my (technology challenged) great aunt who found it on the Funtimes. Served at 3 on both our sea days in the MDR. My 6yo loved it as an excuse to have more dessert 😆. Best advice I ever got on CC was to bring my own tea bags though. 

23 hours ago, carohs said:

Yes it was both on the paper and in the app. I would never have found it on the app if it wasn't for my (technology challenged) great aunt who found it on the Funtimes. Served at 3 on both our sea days in the MDR. My 6yo loved it as an excuse to have more dessert 😆. Best advice I ever got on CC was to bring my own tea bags though. 

Don't they give you teabags? Or is it served already brewed?