New to X!!

Michele035

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Is Beyond different than Edge and other Celebrity ships in that Luminae is open on port days?  We've only had lunch in Luminae offered on Sea days.  On days the ship is in port, lunch from a limited menu is available on the Retreat Sundeck but has not been available in Luminae. 

Create an account for you and your husband on the Celebrity website.  Once you have done that, download and install the Celebrity App on your smart phones.  The Celebrity App is a good way to view what's available on your ship, including the beverages offered in each of the dining venue's breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu's, shipboard entertainment, and once you are onboard, the daily planner/schedule.   Just be forewarned that leading up to your sail date, some of the information in the app may not be 100% accurate.  

From our experience and numerous other reports you can replace "may not" with "will not" for the App 

10 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

With all [due] respect Does any CC poster that post their trip reports on CC..Ever just have a regular Cabin?😁

Just guess i am going to have to win Powerball...The things you have to do in this life😜

Pretty sure I did one on my Edge cruise in Feb 2020 where I was in *gasp* a single stateroom with IV (which I loved, BTW).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Perhaps it’s a fact on some ships, not all. We ordered from the MDR menu in Luminae on both Solstice and Silhouette. 

You are correct. You can do it on both M and S class ships but not on E class. The OP’s TA is confused in thinking that one can order from any MDR menu…it doesn’t apply to the Beyond. 

23 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

My understanding is that chic nights are for the main dining rooms and not Blu or Luminae.   Dined in both and never saw any of the passengers dining in these venues dress up as some passengers in the MDR do.  My husband has worn a sport jacket maybe once (not necessary and never again) and I have worn dress pants, capris, or a casual dress. 

Our experience in Luminae has only been on the Reflection.  Not once did we see the need to order from the MDR (we loved the menu) especially on a one week cruise.   

As you will see, many differing opinions but you will love Celebrity.     

very helpful thank you!  Don't want to bring anything fancy/chic if I don't have to.  Won't wear ripped jeans but if I can avoid something that requires spanx I am a happy gal!!

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Looking for information about the kid's menu in Luminae. Is it still available....or has it been taken away? 

It is still showing in the App for our April Millennium cruise..