Covid testing in San Pedro, Ca.

Jemnibabe

13 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Hi

Where are you sailing that you need a test?

I thought all that was done away with for almost all cruises

Here in California we get tested at cvs pharmacies

You make appointments in their web site

The Enhanced cruises out of San Pedro still require the test, unfortunately.  I have called Urgent Care.  Won't do it for anyone with insurance.  (yeah that's what they said) and CVS doesn't do it at the location in San Pedro

8 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

The Enhanced cruises out of San Pedro still require the test, unfortunately.  I have called Urgent Care.  Won't do it for anyone with insurance.  (yeah that's what they said) and CVS doesn't do it at the location in San Pedro

Are you not cruising until March 2023? If so you have plenty of time to figure this out before you get to your hotel in San Pedro...Crown Plaza...right. 

Have you considered purchasing the Binex Abbott covid test online and taking them with you and do the test at your hotel the night before you sail. The email results will be sent to you within 15 min. This couldn't be easier...we along with many others have done it this way when it's been necessary.

My wife did the online option when we were in Reykjavik before boarding the Summit in August...It was cheap, easy and we had the certificate by email in less than 15 minutes---acceptable to the cruise line.  Easily beats sweating out where to go and how to get there for an in-person test.