Guarantee cabins

heathermk57

If you book a guarantee Cabin on Saga you could end up anywhere High, Low, Forward or Aft & also it could be in a Standard Cabin if no singles available. We booked a Guarantee on Spirit of Discovery last October & were very pleased with location (E Deck) & Price.

• Thank you for the replies.  Having done a bit more research on the cabin locations I've gone ahead and booked a guarantee. It will be interesting to see where I end up, but as far as I'm concerned I will be on the ship which is the main thing! 👍
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Looks like a very good midship position.

Cabin layout is the same on Discovery and Adventure, and we were on Discovery in cabin D048, (a bit further aft than yours), and found it very quiet and with no noticeable movement even in rough seas with a nasty swell.

• 11 months later...
46 minutes ago, Norfolksaver said:

I am also thinking of booking a guaranteed cabin, could someone please tell me when they let you know which cabin you’ve been allocated.

It usually shows up on your "My Booking" approx 2 weeks before your cruise but it could be as late as when to Book in on departure.

• Like 1

Good luck , no bad cabins on Saga

Guarantee cabins , will not be as cheap as initial price at launch. 

If you find you like Saga , then the £90pp to preregister puts you towards front of queue for best price.   It is 100% refundable,  comes off your deposit and you can ask for it back at any time , hence it is a good investment. You can select a cabin at below the guarantee price. Can preregister on board or by phone.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked a guarantee cabin for December 2023 cruise.

Booked 29th June (guarantee price based on L grade/E Deck).

Medical screening (for included insurance) 17th July.

Booking shown as "unallocated standard twin".

Letter received 18th July (announcing that we had been upgraded)  Cabin B519 (H-grade).

Surprised us as we were not expecting to find out the cabin number until very close to, or even at, departure.

Cabin size and layout, same as the E deck, just the view was a bit better.

If I missed out the 35% discount, I would be happy to take a guarantee cabin on either of the Saga ships, the only thing to be aware of is that not every cruise will go down to guarantee cabins, so you could miss out if it is a cruise you really want to go on.

• Thanks 1

Guarantee cabins can be cheaper than the price at launch if you are allocated the more expensive cabins on the higher decks, which many people are. Sometimes the guarantee price is even further reduced, in which case people who booked at the higher guarantee price are allocated higher level cabins early and told they are being ‘upgraded’.

Only cruises which have a substantial number of unsold cabins nearer to sailing time offer guarantee cabins but these are excellent value for people who, for various reasons, don’t want to or can’t book a long way ahead.

• Like 1

I note that a few of the standard cabins are shown as "Partially Obstructed View" (The ones at the very front of Deck 7 (E008, E008, E501 - 508). My suspicion is that on a fully booked cruise the guarantee cabin bookings are quite likely to get one of these.
Does anyone have experience (and ideally photos) of what the view is like out of these cabins.

It’s always a risk but there are often 80 to 100 cabins still unbooked when guarantees are offered so the chances of getting a good cabin are high. The partially obstructed view E cabins are only obstructed from waist height down (ie when seated). These cabins are often allocated to the entertainers and speakers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kohima said:

It’s always a risk but there are often 80 to 100 cabins still unbooked when guarantees are offered so the chances of getting a good cabin are high. The partially obstructed view E cabins are only obstructed from waist height down (ie when seated). These cabins are often allocated to the entertainers and speakers.

Thanks Kohima - that’s good to know…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyLon said:

My suspicion is that on a fully booked cruise the guarantee cabin bookings are quite likely to get one of these.

Before the pandemic, we joined the Spirit of Adventure at the last minute and accepted a guaranteed cabin. The ship was virtually full, we didn't know where we would be until a day or two before and we were given an adapted cabin on D Deck... D526 from memory   It was bigger than the adjacent cabins, had a huge wet room and it was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think our cruise (17 March) Adriatic at Easter, seems fairly full, although I don’t know that for sure. Today, we were allocated our cabin, on Deck A, under the Britannia Lounge. We’re in a nice location, IMO.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I think our cruise (17 March) Adriatic at Easter, seems fairly full, although I don’t know that for sure. Today, we were allocated our cabin, on Deck A, under the Britannia Lounge. We’re in a nice location, IMO.

Some have been aware of noise from the Britannia Lounge 

2 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

Some have been aware of noise from the Britannia Lounge 

We are late to bed, so we’re quite likely to be some of the ones having a nightcap up there! I also hear that when Mr Motivator is on board, his class starts at 9.30. Perfect for us. 

• 2 weeks later...