MSC upgrade fairy(more like a fairytale,)

agentJoey

I have a question for you seasoned MSC cruisers

Ok our first time to sail MSC. As a general rule how many upgrade emails do they send out. We have received 2 and they are terrible almost a joke. Do they lower their upgrade options closer to sailing date. We are 17 days out

7 hours ago, agentJoey said:

....Do they lower their upgrade options closer to sailing date. We are 17 days out

Nope, generally it is far better to pay for the cabin and experience you wish at the point of booking. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

Nope, generally it is far better to pay for the cabin and experience you wish at the point of booking. 😉

The upgrade program is a ‘deal’ only for those who have been kicking themselves in the backside for not booking what they really wanted.

• Like 1

Same as others, I only received upgrade offers on my first cruise. Each successive offer was worse than the one prior. Especially as a solo cruiser, since the upgrades are priced based on double occupancy whereas there's low to no single supplement when booking. 

If you're still interested, wait until you're on board and at sea, then ask at guest services if any upgrades are available. They may be more flexible in offering discounted upgrades if there are unsold cabins in higher categories - no guarantees though.

It may help to carefully inspect your assigned cabin for anything that's not perfect before unpacking. (Wobbly closet door, leaky showerhead, etc.) bring it up to your room steward first. They'll probably work to fix it right away if possible. If they can't, that's something you can bring up at guest services.  But by all means, be polite, calm, and friendly with the agent. Their willingness to help may depend on your demeanor. 

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’ve read that several people have had much better luck with asking about an upgrade upon embarkation.

Not at embarkation; you would have to check in to your assigned cabin and wait until after sail away.  The port agents cannot offer changes or upsells.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heisler123 said:

We received 2 upgrade emails and they were not good at all. We are doing 2 14 day back to back so I’m hoping that when I get on board we can see if we can stay in the same room or possibly get another room that we don’t have to move.  

Better to try to arrange beforehand. Why wait until you are onboard to see if you can stay in the same room?  Easy enough to sort out now

54 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Better to try to arrange beforehand. Why wait until you are onboard to see if you can stay in the same room?  Easy enough to sort out now

Tried calling but I was told that I could only do it when I got on the ship..

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Not at embarkation; you would have to check in to your assigned cabin and wait until after sail away.  The port agents cannot offer changes or upsells.  

I think what I read was that people could go to guest services on embarkation day.  Thanks for the clarification.