Single cruiser

spearmint

It has been almost 6 years since I cruised or have been on CruiseCritic; since then, I have been made single.  My question is.....  Generally what is the price difference for cruising alone? I have been told that it is one and a half times the single rate as well as twice the single rate.  Trying to get a cruise line on the phone is an exercise in waiting,,, to say the least!

I certainly notice a great difference in this site; it has taken me some time to get to this part where I can ask a question. I am not even sure where I should go once I have signed in to even check a response here.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill

If you see a green bubble (with a number in it) on the menu button (3 horizontal bars top right), tap on the button.

Screenshot_20230113-141544_Chrome.jpg.5494367514330d9fe723d05e986c25a9.jpg

You should then see a Bell (notification) button on the popup.

Screenshot_20230113-141756_Chrome.jpg.98f0f19ad64f1bee566f4e4228edbb4c.jpg

Tapping on the bell will pop a list of notification links. These will include responses to your thread.

Screenshot_20230113-142000_Chrome.jpg.d5403f525c96e0768ecc4b2b2f3e4d4f.jpg

As to your question, the single rate is quite variable. 

Some cruise lines offer single occupancy cabins on particular ships.

The default for regular cabins on mass market lines is usually twice the single person fare in double occupancy, sometimes less fees and taxes. In other words, the advertised fare times two.

If you haven't already, check out the single cruisers section of CC, https://www.cruisecritic.com/hub/singles-cruises/.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 1:54 PM, spearmint said:

It has been almost 6 years since I cruised or have been on CruiseCritic; since then, I have been made single.  My question is.....  Generally what is the price difference for cruising alone? I have been told that it is one and a half times the single rate as well as twice the single rate.  Trying to get a cruise line on the phone is an exercise in waiting,,, to say the least!

I certainly notice a great difference in this site; it has taken me some time to get to this part where I can ask a question. I am not even sure where I should go once I have signed in to even check a response here.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill

I just watched a youtube video on the Norwegian Getaway Solo cabins, perfect size for single cruises. They also get access to a private Singles area on the ship with a bar, free snacks, soft drinks and coffee, singles meet ups, etc. Seemed like a nice way to Cruise for Singles. I'm not sure if this is available on all NCL ships, but I can link to the video if that's allowed on Cruise Critic? I don't know all the rules here yet! 🤣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

I just watched a youtube video on the Norwegian Getaway Solo cabins, perfect size for single cruises. They also get access to a private Singles area on the ship with a bar, free snacks, soft drinks and coffee, singles meet ups, etc. Seemed like a nice way to Cruise for Singles. I'm not sure if this is available on all NCL ships, but I can link to the video if that's allowed on Cruise Critic? I don't know all the rules here yet! 🤣

Posting links to YouTube videos is both permitted and very much appreciated. Go for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustCruzin77 said:

Solo cabins are not available in all ships and vary a fair bit. A very recent live review of someone in a solo cabin on the Prima. Somewhere in the thread are pictures of the cabin.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, JustCruzin77 said:

With NCL, a standard interior cabin for a single can be considerably cheaper than their solo cabins plus they're somewhat larger.

• 4 weeks later...