Thermal Suite on the Jewel - pricing? experience?

sacteach

We are traveling on the Jewel for the first time in May. I always book the Thermal Suite when available. The price is not showing online (it says to book once onboard) but it looking at the deck plans, it looks very different than other ships. It looks like their are different hot tubs, steam rooms, etc. for men and women within their respective locker room areas and then one shared pool with the heated loungers, so if you want to move between them, you have to go in and out of the locker rooms. Compared to some other ships, it looks like a smaller offering. 

For those that have been in the Thermal Suite in the Jewel, do you remember what it cost for one week? Did you find it enjoyable? Were there more people in the co-ed area compared to the single-gender areas?

16 minutes ago, sacteach said:

We are traveling on the Jewel for the first time in May. I always book the Thermal Suite when available. The price is not showing online (it says to book once onboard) but it looking at the deck plans, it looks very different than other ships. It looks like their are different hot tubs, steam rooms, etc. for men and women within their respective locker room areas and then one shared pool with the heated loungers, so if you want to move between them, you have to go in and out of the locker rooms. Compared to some other ships, it looks like a smaller offering. 

For those that have been in the Thermal Suite in the Jewel, do you remember what it cost for one week? Did you find it enjoyable? Were there more people in the co-ed area compared to the single-gender areas?

Your analysis of the deck plans are correct. 

There are separate saunas. [small] steam rooms, and cold plunges in the women's and men's locker rooms. These are unisex with clothing optional (lots of jiggly bits).

The common area (coed) has a couple of hot tubs (that NCL calls pools), stone loungers. 

image.png.b46e76d2a3a812390a5e9fedd78ccd11.png

image.png.620287ca8d733171fe57bf92193b5a4b.png

image.thumb.png.8384cb5c14ede2b460f07310fc743fe1.png

image.png.131c4719e9bcd232eed8232d95c02329.png

image.png.7c2ba0006278be4186bf4f72b5f56513.png

image.thumb.png.052b19a8a295addf29f4a2524e55bb24.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Your analysis of the deck plans are correct. 

There are separate saunas. [small] steam rooms, and cold plunges in the women's and men's locker rooms. These are unisex with clothing optional (lots of jiggly bits).

The common area (coed) has a couple of hot tubs (that NCL calls pools), stone loungers. 

image.png.7c2ba0006278be4186bf4f72b5f56513.png

image.thumb.png.052b19a8a295addf29f4a2524e55bb24.png

Are the last two pictures the co-ed area? I didn't realize the uni-sex areas were clothing optional, that's good to know. I'm curious if the price is the same as the Bliss for example that had many more options - more loungers, different types of rooms (snow, salt, etc.)

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

We acutally did the thermal suite on the Jewel in Alaska.  Watching the icebergs go by while looking out the big window of the Sauna make it very cool.  It is however much smaller than the bigger ships.

Do you remember the price? Was it the same as the bigger ships ($329 is what I'm paying for Prima 7 days)

1 hour ago, sacteach said:

Are the last two pictures the co-ed area? I didn't realize the uni-sex areas were clothing optional, that's good to know. I'm curious if the price is the same as the Bliss for example that had many more options - more loungers, different types of rooms (snow, salt, etc.)

The last 3 pics is the coed area (I think). 

The price will be less.... but I don't have current pricing. Pricing has jumped nearly 50% on the big ships over the past year. 

The Jewel is a small ship (1/2 the size of the Bliss) with a small thermal suite. We normally have a thermal suite pass on every cruise. On the big ships,,,, we really never use the snow room, salt bath. We use the sauna, steam room, and hydrotherapy pool (old and need heat to work out the aches and pains of shore excursions). So the Jewel thermal suite is "o.k."

We also spent some of our time on glacier day in the sauna watching whales and ice around the ship.   

• Like 2

Thank you all for sharing this information.  We have never booked the thermal spa  but we will be in Alaska this summer and I thought it might be a nice place to head to after exploring  or sitting on deck glacier watching.  I tend to get chilled and have a hard time warming up.

On my NCL it used to say not available to book until April and now it is saying book onboard.  We are taking the land tour prior to boarding and won't be boarding until later in the day.  Hoping there will be passes available.

3 minutes ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

When I was on the Jewel this past May, it was $139pp.  Passes came available to purchase 3 weeks before sailing.

Thank you for this information.   We too might be interested in purchasing thermal passes for the first time for our late August cruise.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for this information.   We too might be interested in purchasing thermal passes for the first time for our late August cruise.

We are also cruising late August/early Sept and from what I have read we have chances for rainy weather.  I think the spa pass will be perfect.