Cabin changed by P&O - seeking advice

Rhuaridh

5 hours ago, Selbourne said:

That’s a good point Dai. Certainly in our case we don’t fly. My wife is terrified that her wheelchair would get damaged by heavy handed baggage handlers but, more importantly, she couldn’t use the toilets on an aircraft. It’s a great shame, as it would open up a lot more opportunities with fly cruises but, having done a transatlantic, we also know that 3 sea days in a row is our maximum.

Well we love sea days so the long Ventura out and back Caribbean are great for us. We have done 3 of them, with 2 booked.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Well we love sea days so the long Ventura out and back Caribbean are great for us. We have done 3 of them, with 2 booked.

Yes I know that you and many others like long runs of sea days, but for others they are not what we enjoy about cruising. We are all different. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 10:40 AM, Host Sharon said:

I see another captain (and his wife) have been flown out to Arvia to man the bridge while Arvia's captains are at the beach naming. I wonder if the aft suite was needed for their accommodation?

Sharon - do you know who?

On 3/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, Rupert2251 said:

Hope you had a wonderful time and are now back home safe and sound. Did you ever find out why your suite had been moved? Just curious because I think we have the same suite 🤔

Hi Rupert, unfortunately we didn't learn anything more about the cabin switch. It may have been that the naming ceremony was to blame for the swap, or just a screw-up on the booking side of things.

However, if it does happen to you, we can confirm that the front suite is still lovely and the balcony is much bigger than it appears in photos (we threw a sail away party on ours).

We ultimately had a wonderful cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the suite, Arvia, and the Caribbean.

• Like 6