Carnival Gift Cards

thinkpink4

AARP  has them $500 for $450 or $100 for $90 there is I think a 5 limit per month and you have to be a member.

Allstate has a discount also but i am not sure how it works, I do know there is a hoop to jump threw to get it and it is the same price as AARP.

8 hours ago, woodey said:

AARP  has them $500 for $450 or $100 for $90 there is I think a 5 limit per month and you have to be a member.

Allstate has a discount also but i am not sure how it works, I do know there is a hoop to jump threw to get it and it is the same price as AARP.

when AARP started requiring membership for the Carnival gift cards,the limit changed to 30 per month

• Like 2

Look for AARP Rewards. It’s not expensive to join AARP,  get your money’s worth when you buy gift cards as well as other discounts they give. I just bought 2 $500 and 1 $100 cards Thursday. They are e-cards and very easy to apply to your Carnival cruise balance. Saved $110.

They are generally in your email within minutes after you purchase.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Add

You can buy through AARP or Allstate. For Allstate, you have to have points, but it isn't difficult to get them. You download the drivewise app and can earn points.   

You don't have to have points with AARP, but make sure your address and everything on your membership matches exactly what is on the card you pay with or you will get a hold on your credit card and never actually get the gift card. And it will take at least a week for the hold to fall off.  Very annoying.  Like literally I think the difference was my members ship said "RD" (with no period) and my credit card says "Rd." and that was enough to cause my card to be rejected for a $540 payment.  Then I  had a $540 hold on my credit card that took over a week to fall off. 

Edited by Eli_6

On 1/14/2023 at 9:53 AM, Bostwick girl said:

Look for AARP Rewards. It’s not expensive to join AARP,  get your money’s worth when you buy gift cards as well as other discounts they give. I just bought 2 $500 and 1 $100 cards Thursday. They are e-cards and very easy to apply to your Carnival cruise balance. Saved $110.

They are generally in your email within minutes after you purchase.

Great idea, I bought my AARP membership and am going to do this!  

Question, since they are e-gift cards did you load them in advance of your cruise or did you take the emails/codes with your and have them applied to your account while on board?  Just wondering how it works when you don't have the physical card.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Erreyl said:

Great idea, I bought my AARP membership and am going to do this!  

Question, since they are e-gift cards did you load them in advance of your cruise or did you take the emails/codes with your and have them applied to your account while on board?  Just wondering how it works when you don't have the physical card.

Thanks again.

After reading a few posts about Carnival gift cards I believe you apply them through Customer Services or the Kiosk. However, if you are pre-booking certain on board events (restaurants, spa appts, Cheers package, etc) you can use your gift card to pre pay for these. I did that by using the card number and then the PIN.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

After reading a few posts about Carnival gift cards I believe you apply them through Customer Services or the Kiosk. However, if you are pre-booking certain on board events (restaurants, spa appts, Cheers package, etc) you can use your gift card to pre pay for these. I did that by using the card number and then the PIN.

Oh great to know.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I received a $100 gift card for xmas and didn't want to lose it from then until February. I already purchased the things I wanted so I bought Cruise Cash with it. Just another way to have it already on your account when you get on the ship so you don't have to wait at guest services.