Status Matching

groundloop

Right now on Virgin there is no separate levels of status really, you are either in the Sailing Club and getting the perks or not. 
It’s expected to change in April and be based on spend but no one knows what the new perks will be or what tiers there will be. 

As above, thru March 31, you either qualify for Deep Blue Extras (sea rover status) or you don't.  This was supposed to end on Dec 31, 2022. but was extended thru March.  There have been some teasers about VV introducing their own program.  For now, I'm just hoping they extend the current benefits to cover my next cruise.

Bottom line--they've changed the "rules" several times already.  At this point, all you can do is apply for the match using the highest level you have on any line and you are likely to be approved for Sea Rover. IF your cruise ends prior to 3/31/2023.

• Like 1

Would anyone know the answer to this? I did the "Status match" last fall as Elite with Celebrity to the Deep Blue program membership and saw at the time what I might receive from that if I sailed this year. However, my first VV sailing isn't until 2024. Does it rollover? Would I have to apply again? Is it expiring since I won't have used it in 2023? Just curious :)  

16 minutes ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Would anyone know the answer to this? I did the "Status match" last fall as Elite with Celebrity to the Deep Blue program membership and saw at the time what I might receive from that if I sailed this year. However, my first VV sailing isn't until 2024. Does it rollover? Would I have to apply again? Is it expiring since I won't have used it in 2023? Just curious 🙂  

They are rolling out a new loyalty program soon and have extended the current program until 3/31/23, so your status match isn’t expiring. Right now we’re all wondering what it will look like. I would be surprised if they didn’t continue to status match the top tiers from other cruise lines and rolled qualified folks into the new program. Hopefully we’ll hear more next month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redransom said:

I just applied for a status match (Celebrity Elite) and was granted Sea Rover status. I'm not sailing until after March 31 and currently the only perk is a $100 bonus when you buy the $300 bar tab.

Correct--the current Deep Blue Extras program ends March 31...unless they extend it again.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:52 PM, redransom said:

I just applied for a status match (Celebrity Elite) and was granted Sea Rover status. I'm not sailing until after March 31 and currently the only perk is a $100 bonus when you buy the $300 bar tab.

How long did it take them to approve you? I submitted about 6 days ago but have not heard back yet. 

Just checking this as a newbie when it comes to other (less nice lol) companies. 

Will they also match status in reverse, ie when virgin confirms what status we are with them, can we show other brands to get that matched?

Ah, VV...they have changed the benefit from a shake for champagne to $100 complimentary bar tab.  An improvement IMHO, but obviously haven't changed the notice.  Gotta love them.  Still hoping for an extension of the current program for at least another month.....

21 hours ago, Lustate said:

Just checking this as a newbie when it comes to other (less nice lol) companies. 

Will they also match status in reverse, ie when virgin confirms what status we are with them, can we show other brands to get that matched?

The only other line I know of that does a status match is MSC.  

18 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I applied this past Sunday morning and was awarded today

image.png.f8f0c3f52ad2b2c53f20fe729ac6c9dc.png

I didn't notice our access to the  "Rockstar Agent on Board" perk before.  Good to know.  Where is this Rockstar Agent located on board??

17 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Ah, VV...they have changed the benefit from a shake for champagne to $100 complimentary bar tab.  An improvement IMHO, but obviously haven't changed the notice.  Gotta love them.  Still hoping for an extension of the current program for at least another month.....

Shake for Champagne replaced with the extra $100 bar credit  "confirmed" on my January 4th cruise.  It's a good thing if one doesn't want to spend $100 on a bottle of Moet and it's a wash if one does. I don't drink alcohol so in my case,  it's 25 extra speciality coffees for me 🙂 

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

I didn't notice our access to the  "Rockstar Agent on Board" perk before.  Good to know.  Where is this Rockstar Agent located on board??

Next to where you book shore things by the round about, there is a large table. They setup at one end of that for a few hours each day. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you have a VV sailing you're supposed to put that booking number in, I didn't so put in random numbers

I was able to submit using a random set of numbers and they replied within 6 hours that I was approved! Thanks

• Like 1