Penthouse in-room dining: is there a limit?

dcsam

Our experience has been that the PH staterooms only are comfortable for 2 people.  If you are in a higher suite, it's possible to seat 4 people.  (We don't know about Vista suites.)  You should check.

When we were in Vista Suites and Oceania Suites on Marina/Riviera, we felt that 4 was the limit.

You need to ask!

Mura

10 minutes ago, dcsam said:

I see that one can make a certain number of reservations to dine at the specialty restaurants.  Is that the same if one is in a penthouse suite and wants to have in-room dining?  Still the limit?

1 hour ago, dcsam said:

I see that one can make a certain number of reservations to dine at the specialty restaurants.  Is that the same if one is in a penthouse suite and wants to have in-room dining?  Still the limit?

One of the real advantages, for us anyway, is the ability to ask our Butler to serve dinner in our suite from one of the Specialties if we can't get extra reservations *in* the restaurants... or if we are just exhausted after a busy day off the ship.

These do not count towards the regular allowance of "in the Specialty restaurant" reservations.

We have a few real favorites.  Yum.

ETA:  We usually have no serious time restrictions, so we make it clear that if the Butler has other passengers requesting service at the same time, to let us know and we can almost always adjust the timing.

GC

Edited by GeezerCouple
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mura said:

Our experience has been that the PH staterooms only are comfortable for 2 people.  If you are in a higher suite, it's possible to seat 4 people.  (We don't know about Vista suites.)  You should check.

When we were in Vista Suites and Oceania Suites on Marina/Riviera, we felt that 4 was the limit.

You need to ask!

Mura

I should have made it clear that when I said we didn't know about "Vista" suites, I was referring to the new ship!  On Marina/Oceania the table is certainly large enough to serve 4 people in OC, Vista and OS suites.  But in any PH suite we've been in on ANY of the ships, the table only suits two people.

Someone one on CC one referred to it not being possible to have guess with in-suite dining ... I do NOT know if that is true or not.

Mura

Stu and I make it a rule that we have one dinner from Polo in our suite each trip..it gives us a chance to unwind watch some TV or read and eat a leisurely dinner in our robes..if the weather is  nice we eat on the balcony..several times when our adult kids are with us we invite them in for dinner also..

One of our favorite evenings..

jancruz1

• Like 1

We don’t find our PH cabin, most particularly on the O ships, conducive to eating full meals for two, much less four. The table, at the foot of the bed, just isn’t large enough for two people with plates if steak/chops, lobster, or other large dishes along with wine glasses, water glasses and any other accompanying items. One of us would end up moving to the coffee table to have space.

What we do enjoy en Suite, is ordering a couple of waves of appetizers ( finger food). The butler can then set up the table as a buffet of sorts. Then we can sit either on the veranda or inside, as we please, and graze from the shared selections at will. Since the PG and Toscana share a kitchen, and both menus can be used, this provides a large selection of finger foods to choose from. On the Sirena, with its varied mix, the choices can be eclectic! Plenty of room for the wine glasses!! 😜!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We don’t find our PH cabin, most particularly on the O ships, conducive to eating full meals for two, much less four. The table, at the foot of the bed, just isn’t large enough for two people with plates if steak/chops, lobster, or other large dishes along with wine glasses, water glasses and any other accompanying items. One of us would end up moving to the coffee table to have space.

In the newly designed PH cabins on Riviera, the table is no longer at the foot of the bed. It is much easier to eat in the cabin now. 

May be an image of furniture and indoor

Edited by schmerl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1