WHERE ARE OUR FCCS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE REFUNDED FROM PRINCESS PLATINUM INSURANCE?

suzyed

Is there anyone else who is having trouble getting their FCCs refunded using the "CANCEL FOR ANY REASON' policy with Princess Platinum insurance?  We cancelled in mid November and to date have only had a partial refund of about 1/3 of our cruise cost. (Yes, I know we don't get the insurance premium refunded)
We are at our wits end and wonder if anyone has had a better result and how they went about getting help.
Thanks in advance.

Your problem is with AON not Princess.   We cruised in April/May of 2022 and for some reason did not add insurance.  Needless to say one got Covid.  Claimed directly with Princess for quarantine in London.  All

expenses reimbursed end of November. Many fellow passengers still waiting pending AON actions.

16 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Your problem is with AON not Princess.   We cruised in April/May of 2022 and for some reason did not add insurance.  Needless to say one got Covid.  Claimed directly with Princess for quarantine in London.  All

expenses reimbursed end of November. Many fellow passengers still waiting pending AON actions.

Incorrect.  If you are getting your refund in FCCs, that is for Princess to provide.  AON only refunds cash.  The cancellation is referred to Princess to provide the FCCs. We cancelled 11/14/22
This is from AON:
We have received your request for future cruise credits and will notify your cruise line.  Within the next few weeks you will be

issued your cruise credits that can be used towards future travel plans.  Please contact your cruise line with any questions
regarding future travel credits and/or to rebook your cruise.
yet 
Sincerely,

Aon Affinity Travel Practice
Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

Should be no problem.  It took us about 2 weeks to get the refund from both Princess  (to our credit card, applied in less than 5 days) and from AON to Princess as FCC.

Did you do an insurance request on the AON Affinity site (www.aontravelclaim.com)?   All it took from our side was entering in our booking reference # and date of cruise.  They responded with an email the following business day sayin that it would be credited within 2-4 weeks.

Actually see that you have done what you need to do.     Do you have a travel Agent or a Princess vacation planner?   I would call them and enquire.

You can also call the 1-800 line and and ask the agent for Customer Relations  (the next level of support) to assist you.   Don't stay on the line with the first line agent, they only have base knowledge/access.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Incorrect.  If you are getting your refund in FCCs, that is for Princess to provide.  AON only refunds cash.  The cancellation is referred to Princess to provide the FCCs. We cancelled 11/14/22
This is from AON:
We have received your request for future cruise credits and will notify your cruise line.  Within the next few weeks you will be

issued your cruise credits that can be used towards future travel plans.  Please contact your cruise line with any questions
regarding future travel credits and/or to rebook your cruise.
yet 
Sincerely,

Aon Affinity Travel Practice

Suzy,

Did you ever get your FCC’s?  

23 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Should be no problem.  It took us about 2 weeks to get the refund from both Princess  (to our credit card, applied in less than 5 days) and from AON to Princess as FCC.

Did you do an insurance request on the AON Affinity site (www.aontravelclaim.com)?   All it took from our side was entering in our booking reference # and date of cruise.  They responded with an email the following business day sayin that it would be credited within 2-4 weeks.

How long ago was your request for your refund/FCC?

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Suzy,

Did you ever get your FCC’s?  

About 1/3 of what we are supposed to get.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

How long ago was your request for your refund/FCC?

TIA

Ours was 11/14.

"Did you do an insurance request on the AON Affinity site (www.aontravelclaim.com)?   All it took from our side was entering in our booking reference # and date of cruise.  They responded with an email the following business day sayin that it would be credited within 2-4 weeks."

Yes, of course we did!  And we got the letter (posted about) about a week later saying it was referred and they would get our FCCs to us in 2-4 weeks. 
That was over 9 weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

"Did you do an insurance request on the AON Affinity site (www.aontravelclaim.com)?   All it took from our side was entering in our booking reference # and date of cruise.  They responded with an email the following business day sayin that it would be credited within 2-4 weeks."

Yes, of course we did!  And we got the letter (posted about) about a week later saying it was referred and they would get our FCCs to us in 2-4 weeks. 
That was over 9 weeks ago.

I don’t understand how some can get them right away and others months out.

Just don’t get it.

22 hours ago, suzyed said:

I don't get it either...very frustrating.

You probably don't want to know this but I cancelled a Feb cruise (for any reason) with my box store TA last week on Jan11. Filed claim with AON Jan 11( no docs needed). Immediate Return email. Cash refund on CC Jan 14 and today Jan 16, FCC email and can see FCC amts and expiry date  in personalizer! A record perhaps. I would like to know why the refundable $200FCDeposit  was never returned - seems odd. Does anyone know the answer. Thanks

19 minutes ago, DeeTO said:

You probably don't want to know this but I cancelled a Feb cruise (for any reason) with my box store TA last week on Jan11. Filed claim with AON Jan 11( no docs needed). Immediate Return email. Cash refund on CC Jan 14 and today Jan 16, FCC email and can see FCC amts and expiry date  in personalizer! A record perhaps. I would like to know why the refundable $200FCDeposit  was never returned - seems odd. Does anyone know the answer. Thanks

@suzyed Can you believe this?

Congrats to you for your refunds. Wow!

IDK about the FCD’s.