January 16, 2023 Price Increases

At Sea At Peace

16 hours ago, tgg said:

We were considering the December 2023 14 days sailing in the Caribbean.  The basic price, with early booking discounts, went from $6,835 to $7,945 overnight, a 16% increase. 

Yep, it's going up again.

Our 14-day in November with OT2 upgrade to OT4 for Diamond promotion went from $6,850 to $8,050 PP $13,700 to $16,100 or $2,400 increase 17.5% yesterday.

I  booked 2 cruises when bookings opened and was debating on "downgrading" to save a few $$.

My PH's are now cheaper than entry level cabins!

I'm going to enjoy my "bargain" and the fact that I won't likely book a PH again in the near future!

• Thanks 1

Same here.  We paid 18,930 (early pay discount) for the 24 night Glasgow to NYC cruise this coming September. Booked it just before the LAST increase.  With that increase and the one this week it looks like we are around $7000 below what the rack rate would be now.  

In August, we booked the first two week Caribbean cruise for November 2023 and the price has increased $7300.00 for two in the GP category. That's over 30% of our original total cruise fare. At this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever book another cruise with Explora Journeys.

Edited by sasejm
Add more information.
  • Like 1

Time will tell with pricing given they have yet to sail.  We got at the time a very reasonable price for a cruise in 2024, if booked today might pass given no experience with the product.  But with all the new ships coming on-line there is going to be increasing competition. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have looked today at a cruise I was interested. Unfortunately the price increase demotivates me to book that cruise. The per diems are more than I am willing to pay.

I have a cruised booked though. I will wait to see how things and prices develop and after cruising with Explora I will better in the position to judge if the per diems are good value for money or not.

Ivi