Dining Preference Not Set?

Sstn

On three bookings (two Seascape, one Divina) I requested early dining and that was on my confirmation and appeared in the online cruise details at the time of booking last autumn.  Now all three say dining preference not set in the online cruise details.  Phone agents say early request is still on the bookings.  Check your bookings online.  Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sstn said:

On three bookings (two Seascape, one Divina) I requested early dining and that was on my confirmation and appeared in the online cruise details at the time of booking last autumn.  Now all three say dining preference not set in the online cruise details.  Phone agents say early request is still on the bookings.  Check your bookings online.  Anyone else have this issue?

I have 5 bookings in the next 15 months and all show the dining preference has not been set, even tho it the confirmation information shows Early Dining requested. I suspect it is another “glitch” on the MSC website, but it could also be that they wait to assign the times in the system until they know how many passengers will actually be on the ship. When the passenger counts are high, they will sometimes have 3 seatings per night instead of 2. 

We sail in April and just recently noticed our dining has changed from late dining to 'dining preference not set'.

We're on one of the smaller, older ships so doubt they're waiting to assign 3 dinner services. I've never seen this mentioned unless on the newer, large capacity ships. 

I've assumed it's a 'special' website update and will just keep checking our booking. 

Be really careful about changing your dining preference over the phone, as it can potentially disrupt your pricing.  I booked with late dining, they changed it to early dining, and I called MSC customer service to fix it.  They fixed it alright, to the tune of an $800 price increase.  Yes, eventually they restored my old pricing, but it took quite a few calls and quite a few e-mail messages.

My advice is to show up to the ship and, at the earliest convenience, contact the Maître D to fix it.

I did just that about 2 weeks ago.  They assigned me early dining at 5:30 pm.  I requested later and they said the best they could do was 9:30 pm, which was a bit too late for us.  I called the customer service desk, and ultimately I was assigned 7:30 pm, which was fine. 

Of course, we were sailing on a full ship on a NYE cruise (6,300+ passengers), so normally it shouldn't be so difficult for them to change your dining room seating once you are onboard.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

If you've booked the bella experience then you set your dinning oreference but it won't be confirmed until much closer to your cruise / onboard. This is because Fantastica customers have priority over fixed dinning times and their preferences cant be understood until closer to the sail date (as people boom cabins right up to the sail date).

15 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

If you've booked the bella experience then you set your dinning oreference but it won't be confirmed until much closer to your cruise / onboard. This is because Fantastica customers have priority over fixed dinning times and their preferences cant be understood until closer to the sail date (as people boom cabins right up to the sail date).

It's the Fantastica guests dining times which have now disappeared. 

9 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It's the Fantastica guests dining times which have now disappeared. 

I was Fantastica.  I booked late dining.  It was changed to early dining.  Then changed to no preference listed.  Then on the ship, changed to early dining.  And I had to fight to get a decent late seating, as mentioned.

My cruise documents originally said late dining with no time.  Then time was 9:30. Way too late.  I spoke to someone and they said 9:30 was not the correct time.  Now my documents say no time or even late dining.  Haha. I have never seen such a mess.  Right now my family of 6 has no idea when we are eating.

Gahh I just want to CHANGE my time. Is that an option on the website? It just says "Dining is not set". A friend of mine is coming on the cruise and wants to do early dining; I didn't really have a perference so I selected late. 

Anyone know if its possible to change it on the site? I must say, MSC's website is kind of a mess.