recent experiences with EZ check?

Fa-Li

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Any exception to cut off time?  Delta changed my flight time (no surprise).  Leaves at 11:18 instead of after 11:30.  

I took the above suggestion and printed out a copy for EZ Check (that's how I found out about the time change).  I was really looking forward to this service.

Guess I have an extra $25 (non-refundable OBC) to use elsewhere (crew appreciation).

They have been strict about the cut off time, due to the buses or trailers they use to transport the luggage to the airport.

You would have to go to GS when OB to inquire.  

Also, make sure you print a copy

of your flight details from the DL website.  Must show names, ticket numbers, flight, date, booking number.  GS will need a printed copy of this for their records to process.  

Any chance DL has another flight just a little later?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

They have been strict about the cut off time, due to the buses or trailers they use to transport the luggage to the airport.

You would have to go to GS when OB to inquire.  

Also, make sure you print a copy

of your flight details from the DL website.  Must show names, ticket numbers, flight, date, booking number.  GS will need a printed copy of this for their records to process.  

Any chance DL has another flight just a little later?

The information on Delta does not include my name nor my ticket number.  I did print out everything that was possible (date/flight number/confirmation number/itinerary).  

I will check with Guest Services OB.  Thanks for your help.  

FOUND more information.  Thanks again.

Edited by cr8tiv1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Any exception to cut off time?  Delta changed my flight time (no surprise).  Leaves at 11:18 instead of after 11:30.  

I took the above suggestion and printed out a copy for EZ Check (that's how I found out about the time change).  I was really looking forward to this service.

Guess I have an extra $25 (non-refundable OBC) to use elsewhere (crew appreciation).

Delta most likely screwed you out of using EZ Check. All you can do is goto GS the first couple of days and see what they can do for you. Our experience says you are out of luck but that was before Covid.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The information on Delta does not include my name nor my ticket number.  I did print out everything that was possible (date/flight number/confirmation number/itinerary).  

I will check with Guest Services OB.  Thanks for your help.  

FOUND more information.  Thanks again.

When you pull your reservation up on the DL App, click on the top right

…  3 dots, click view receipt and it will show everything you need.

print.

Let us know. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm taking a cruise out of Port Everglades on the Caribbean Princess on March 31. Does anyone know if this ship participates in the EZ Check program and if so, do I need to do any other prep work besides printing out a copy of my airline ticket?  Thanks so much in advance!

I was on the Caribbean Princess last November and did EZ check. Thanks to advice from someone here, I knew to ask about it early on in the cruise at Guest Services. Nothing ever showed up in our cabin like in years past. Your airline ticket will have all the information you need. The form is pretty short and easy.

29 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

I'm taking a cruise out of Port Everglades on the Caribbean Princess on March 31. Does anyone know if this ship participates in the EZ Check program and if so, do I need to do any other prep work besides printing out a copy of my airline ticket?  Thanks so much in advance!

Your airline confirmation should show your ticket nos, names, flight number and date of travel.

You need to go to GS at least 4 days before the disembarkation, or sooner and ask for an EZCheck form.
Once confirmed by the airline, you will get a confirmation and baggage tags for the airline and instructions.  Or, if not confirmed, they’ll send you a letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up (a year later lol) since this thread is getting new attention:

We did use the service last Feb from Enchanted Princess in FLL and it worked great.  

We were in a suite so asked the concierge about the forms a few days before the end of the cruise and he delivered them to our room and then asked us to turn them back in to him personally.

I had airtags in our bags and could see that they stayed at the dock for a couple of hours, then could see them move to the airport.  We had an afternoon flight, but went ahead to the airport. Since we were not checking bags upon arrival, we were able to go straight through security - normally at this airport we've had to wait to enter until 2 or 3 hours before our flight.

Most of the day, we could see that our bags were literally sitting directly below us as we sat at the gate.  And they did indeed arrive back at our home airport that evening.  All good!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, icefresh said:

Does anyone know if you can use EZ check from Vancouver for an evening flight back to the US

No.  You needed to have customs and immigration clear you and your bags at YVR on my last flight in 2022.  Everything is done in Canada.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 1