Mini Fridge on Silhouette

angelsinmyarms

15 minutes ago, angelsinmyarms said:

read conflicting info about whether there are mini fridges or not.  

To be precise, they are not classed as fridges, but coolers.

I was warned of this when I was taking some Lactose Free milk back to my cabin.

The Maitre’D asked me what I was doing, so I explained that I am Dairy Intolerant, so he sent a waiter to the kitchen to get me a full carton, but warned me that it wouldn’t last as long in the cooler in the cabin, as it would in a kitchen fridge.

Ya,  piezoelectric fan cooling system.  One thing that doesn't help is it's in a cabinet with very little ventilation.   Anyway, it only cools a certain amount below ambient temps, which is why they don't get that cold.   They also gradually degrade in their cooling ability over time, so the newer the cooler is the better.  They use them because of cost and electrical power consumed. 

Edited by rmalbers

42 minutes ago, angelsinmyarms said:

We're leaving for our cruise in 9 days!!!  Yeah!  Can anyone tell me if there are mini fridges in the cabins?  We've booked a concierge class cabin on deck 10 and I have read conflicting info about whether there are mini fridges or not.  

Thanks!

Am wondering where you saw information that there were not mini fridges in EVERY cabin on every Celebrity ship.

My understanding is that there is a mini refrigerator or cooler in every cabin.    While it may not be as effective as our home refrigerator,  Iain often keeps a milk in the refrig for his tea and never had it go bad on him.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Am wondering where you saw information that there were not mini fridges in EVERY cabin on every Celebrity ship.

IT wasn't so much that I saw that there were NOT fridges as that they were omitted from the list of amenities in some cases.  Thanks everyone for your replies.