August Weather in Eastern Europe

CDNPolar

We embark on Passage to Eastern Europe the 15th of August for the next 10 days.

What will we expect in temps (C Please) for these countries/cities?

Bucharest

Bulgaria

Serbia

Croatia

Hungary

We are fearful that it may be overwhelmingly hot for these dates and want to pack accordingly.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

try this website:  www.accuweather.com

put in the name of a city, then click on 'monthly' and choose August 2023 – that will give you the historical averages for each day

I am aware of these tools, I am looking for individual experience as of late these weather sites and stats do NOT give current weather patterns.  We have used these of late and found them very inaccurate.

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

I am aware of these tools, I am looking for individual experience as of late these weather sites and stats do NOT give current weather patterns.  We have used these of late and found them very inaccurate.

Nobody's experience from August 2022 is going to be of any more use to you than the monthly averages.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Don't know if this will help, but I can share personal experience from dates September/October of this past year.

We arrived in Bucharest in mid-September.  I had packed layers - and a mix of sandals & closed toed shoes.  I did not put on my jeans and  closed toed shoes (and socks) until we hit the beginning of October.  I wore mostly short sleeved tops during the day - and had on a light hoodie/jacket for some of the evenings.  And this was a over a month after your scheduled trip. 

I expect that you will have *hot* weather on this trip.  The first time we sailed this itinerary (starting in Bucharest) we went in late April - and the temps hit 30 C along the way.  We were not expecting that. 

The boat will be air conditioned, but we have found the AC in buildings in Europe to be questionable in our past experience. 

Fran

• Like 1