Princess Plus Beverage Package (Juice Bar - What and Where?)

Kenosha Cruiser

3 hours ago, Rramig1 said:

I looked for this new unlimited juice bar option and could not find it. 

I will be on the Emerald Princess in August. I hope they might have it on there.

I agree that they hide both the "Premium Dessert" menu and the Juice Bar.  I complained at the ice cream place, and they displayed the dessert menu.

On the Emerald, they hide the Juice Baar.  It is on the port side of the Calypso Bar -- that is the bar at the pool right next to the buffet.  There is no sign and no menu on display, so it really is hidden.  Enjoy!

We were on the crown in April and once we found the juice be we used it a lot - only available until 1pm on port days and 2pm sea days I think. The sign is only there when it is open otherwise you would not know, and it can be a long wait as they juice the fruit whilst you wait - If you want one before an early excursion get it the day before in a to go cup - the sort they have for iced coffee and keep it in the fridge in your cabin.

Hi

my wife and I are on the Island Princess in October for a 14-Night Northern Lights cruise and we booked a year ago (July 2022). At that time the extras now included with the Princess plus package were not thought off.

When Princess announced the extras - ie 2 specialty deserts per day, unlimited juice bar and 2 free fitness lessons, they said they would not be given to already booked passengers, thus creating both a two tier package and lots of disgruntled loyal passengers. I also predicted at the time that this would be unworkable in practice. 

The latter it seems I was proved correct, as passengers are finding that the new package is being administered to all passengers having the plus package, no matter when they booked.

My question though is, it would seem the new package was designed with the newer larger ships in mind, so will we get all the benefits on the two smallest ships in the fleet. If so, in what bars and where are they?

Also, as we are cruising out of and back to Southampton, will all cabins still have tea/coffee making gear, including kettles, as before the pandemic?

Paul

On 3/5/2023 at 12:33 PM, BamaVol said:

I have not been to the Coffee and Cones yet, and may not. There are rotating smoothie selections at the International Cafe. This morning, the fruit one is orange in color. There is another labeled banana that is a sort of cream color. And a third with no label is yellow. No green veggie like yesterday morning. Maybe later in the day. Loads of donuts though. 

Trouble is - there is no International Cafe on the Island Princess, so how can those that paid for the plus package receive what is advertised? Seems like post pandemic new staff in Head Office haven’t got a clue what they are doing and in the process upsetting lots of loyal customers.

31 minutes ago, peterhof said:

Trouble is - there is no International Cafe on the Island Princess, so how can those that paid for the plus package receive what is advertised? Seems like post pandemic new staff in Head Office haven’t got a clue what they are doing and in the process upsetting lots of loyal customers.

I’m pretty sure what I came across in the International Cafe wasn’t the juice bar offering. I’ve since seen a menu and pictures. It would seem that it hadn’t been implemented the first week of March on the Caribbean Princess.  We did get a small refund in OBC before the cruise started. This may have been the reason. 

On 6/13/2023 at 7:32 AM, Catchum said:

We were on the crown in April and once we found the juice be we used it a lot - only available until 1pm on port days and 2pm sea days I think. The sign is only there when it is open otherwise you would not know, and it can be a long wait as they juice the fruit whilst you wait - If you want one before an early excursion get it the day before in a to go cup - the sort they have for iced coffee and keep it in the fridge in your cabin.

@Catchum You found the juices on the Crown. Where? I'll be on Crown in August. 

The juices were at the Wakeview bar on Majestic.

Did you find any of the special desserts at IC? I would be interested in trying out the cakes, not the ice cream monstrosities. TIA

They were at the same counter as the pizza and coffee and cones. Unless you are there when they are open you wouldn't know. I don't do desserts one oatmeal cookie a day was my treat but the IC cakes looked wonderful.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, peterhof said:

Hi

my wife and I are on the Island Princess in October for a 14-Night Northern Lights cruise and we booked a year ago (July 2022). At that time the extras now included with the Princess plus package were not thought off.

When Princess announced the extras - ie 2 specialty deserts per day, unlimited juice bar and 2 free fitness lessons, they said they would not be given to already booked passengers, thus creating both a two tier package and lots of disgruntled loyal passengers. I also predicted at the time that this would be unworkable in practice. 

The latter it seems I was proved correct, as passengers are finding that the new package is being administered to all passengers having the plus package, no matter when they booked.

My question though is, it would seem the new package was designed with the newer larger ships in mind, so will we get all the benefits on the two smallest ships in the fleet. If so, in what bars and where are they?

Also, as we are cruising out of and back to Southampton, will all cabins still have tea/coffee making gear, including kettles, as before the pandemic?

Paul

In over 60 Princess cruises I have NEVER had a cabin with tea/coffee making kettles.Perhaps the Suites do have them

I do have a question about the new policies. In the past we have always ordered coffee every morning from room service and there was never a charge( other than the nice tip we give to the delivery person). We have the plus package. Will we be charged every day for coffee delivery under the new policy?

23 minutes ago, spunks said:

In over 60 Princess cruises I have NEVER had a cabin with tea/coffee making kettles.Perhaps the Suites do have them

I do have a question about the new policies. In the past we have always ordered coffee every morning from room service and there was never a charge( other than the nice tip we give to the delivery person). We have the plus package. Will we be charged every day for coffee delivery under the new policy?

No. It’s part of plus package.  

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way#:~:text=Order whatever you need — burger,service delivery with no charge.

Order food, drinks + more with OceanNow®

Hungry during Movies Under the Stars®? Want your favorite fruity drink while relaxing in the Piazza? Looking to avoid a crowd or standing in line? Order whatever you need — burger, beer, chocolate cake, cocktails, etc. — and we'll bring them right to you, with free delivery. Keep your distance, keep your seat, and still enjoy great service. Guests with the Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages enjoy OceanNow® and room service delivery with no charge.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, spunks said:

We had a tea/coffee making kettle in our mini-suite on the Sky Princess November 25th. Maybe because the ship had just arrived from overseas? First one I have ever seen in North America.  As for the Plus Package, free room service delivery is included. We really enjoyed being able to order a drink with the Medallion app and have it delivered to the cabin at no charge. We always tipped the room service attendant. 

• Like 1

@spunks, even without Plus or Premier, morning coffee delivery is still no charge ordering via the ‘hang tag’ only.

If you do not have Plus or Premier, and CALL room service, there will be a $5 room service fee. No Plus or Premier and want to use Ocean Now, you have one time fee of about $15.

20231224_113955.thumb.jpg.0f41f8cb4784cac94f7c9658c8f15244.jpg.f04ccf1a5aca4d631b5406030c3a59f0.jpg

We just did 63 days on Grand Princess. The juice was available at the aft bar and was available daily until 2:00 PM. I tried most of them. (I never had the Nutter or the Tropical Twist - both of which were prepared in a blender rather than a juicer.) I started most mornings with the Immune Booster - loved it but was sometimes more "sour" than others due to the citrus fruit that day. It was always good. The other one I had every day was the Cleanser. It sounded absolutely terrible to me but it was wonderful. They cut a Green Apple into wedges and removed the seeds, they added pineapple, celery, and an entire cucumber. (They cut both ends off the cucumber first.) The cucumber is what made it sound terrible to me but the drink was really, really good. I started most days with these two juice drinks and a straight up shot of Bulleit Bourbon (vitamin B). 😁

Note: Like I said above, I tried most of the juice drinks. My wife and I agreed that the Booster (not the Immune Booster) was horrible. Maybe it was the turmeric. Whatever it was we didn't like it at all. Leave it to Princess to name two utterly different juice drinks similarly - The Immune Booster (great) and the Booster (horrid). There is no way I would have these unless I had a package. I would never pay the required fee for them.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spunks said:

When we did the Northern Lights cruise out of Southampton on Sapphire Princess in 2019 there was a kettle in the cabin. My wife loved it.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

20231224_113955.thumb.jpg.0f41f8cb4784cac94f7c9658c8f15244.jpg.f04ccf1a5aca4d631b5406030c3a59f0.jpg

We just did 63 days on Grand Princess. The juice was available at the aft bar and was available daily until 2:00 PM. I tried most of them. (I never had the Nutter or the Tropical Twist - both of which were prepared in a blender rather than a juicer.) I started most mornings with the Immune Booster - loved it but was sometimes more "sour" than others due to the citrus fruit that day. It was always good. The other one I had every day was the Cleanser. It sounded absolutely terrible to me but it was wonderful. They cut a Green Apple into wedges and removed the seeds, they added pineapple, celery, and an entire cucumber. (They cut both ends off the cucumber first.) The cucumber is what made it sound terrible to me but the drink was really, really good. I started most days with these two juice drinks and a straight up shot of Bulleit Bourbon (vitamin B). 😁

Note: Like I said above, I tried most of the juice drinks. My wife and I agreed that the Booster (not the Immune Booster) was horrible. Maybe it was the turmeric. Whatever it was we didn't like it at all. Leave it to Princess to name two utterly different juice drinks similarly - The Immune Booster (great) and the Booster (horrid). There is no way I would have these unless I had a package. I would never pay the required fee for them.

How did your body react to the cleanser?  If you order a double, is it called the purger?

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:46 PM, spunks said:

Just to say, after asking our cabin steward, we got tea and coffee making gear in our cabin. Furthermore, Princess told me that all cruises on Sky Princess out of Southampton have tea/coffee facilities in EVERY cabin, so we are good for April and October next year too.

Princess room service, unless you are in a ‘full’ suite, is utter rubbish and comes cold and inedible. Suite passengers get a different room service menu and includes actual items from the MDR menu - like full English breakfast in the mornings, hot entries for lunch and the same MDR menu for dinner.

TIP if you are in a ‘Full’ suite and have the ‘Plus’ or ‘Premier’ package, is to frequently order spirits and beers via the Ocean Now delivery service to your cabin, which will restock your complimentary bar. Spirits etc will not be delivered in the glass, but it miniature bottles ! Beers and cokes etc will be delivered in cans - just like the free bar set up.

If you want a snack whilst on a shore excursion, order Danish pastries on the door knob breakfast order and bring some grease-proof bags from home.

14 minutes ago, peterhof said:

If you want a snack whilst on a shore excursion, order Danish pastries on the door knob breakfast order and bring some grease-proof bags from home.

This is terrible advice as taking this sort of food ashore is expressly forbidden in many ports.