Wonder Central Park Balcony

FishOn55

Researching a Central Park balcony  booking for May 28 Wonder sailing. We have always cruised in an ocean facing cabin on Oasis ships but decided we may try a Central Park cabin because of a great rate on this sailing date. My concern is noise from what I have read  is a very loud movie/video screen somewhere above these cabins. Can someone who has sailed on Wonder address this noise concern? Would a certain deck and/or cabin location be quieter than others in this category?   Not sure exactly where this screen is located.

54 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

Crewsweeper,

Can you please identify what the noise might be from decks 9 and 20 that you mentioned?

I am guessing that they had concerns as to how close to Central park they those would be since CP is on 8.  You don't need to worry about 9 since there are no CP balconies on deck 9.  We've stayed on 10 numerous times without any issues. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Researching a Central Park balcony  booking for May 28 Wonder sailing. We have always cruised in an ocean facing cabin on Oasis ships but decided we may try a Central Park cabin because of a great rate on this sailing date. My concern is noise from what I have read  is a very loud movie/video screen somewhere above these cabins. Can someone who has sailed on Wonder address this noise concern? Would a certain deck and/or cabin location be quieter than others in this category?   Not sure exactly where this screen is located.

Screen  is located  right above Central park

Point Blur_Jan192023_122225.jpg

Edited by sowhat

9 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Different  view  of the screen  from Central park

Point Blur_Jan192023_124215.jpg

Never deck 14.  Under public areas.  We enjoy central park deck 10 even love deck nine cabins.  No balcony on deck nine, but a beautiful window seat.  It is a very peaceful quite spot.  Unlike the Boardwalk, you will not be bothered by any real noise.  I would go crazy hearing all the noise, especially the merry  go round and bell from the rock climbing wall all day.

Central Park is  A good option if you are on a budget.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

And each side of the screen, they are speakers. They might look small compared to the size of the screen but they pack a punch and the crew is not afraid to use them. 

so book CP balconies on middle 2 decks (10/11) more in the center?

I was on Wonder last July and spent several evenings at the Trellis Bar in CP and wasn't bothered by the big screen at all so even if it presents some noise during the day, I think it is not a problem after dark. I have stayed in CP Balcony cabins on other Oasis ships and have loved it each time, looking out on the park while sitting on the balcony is unique to these ships and to me almost as enjoyable as an oceanview balcony

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

May I ask what the reason was ......(not so much on the Wonder.)  Noise?

Even when there wasn’t anything playing on the screen, they still played music or background artificial bird tweeting. For us it was needless and took away from the ambiance of the space. IMO there are other places for music, there’s no need to have it everywhere. 

On 1/20/2023 at 4:42 AM, Billy Baltic said:

Even when there wasn’t anything playing on the screen, they still played music or background artificial bird tweeting. For us it was needless and took away from the ambiance of the space. IMO there are other places for music, there’s no need to have it everywhere. 

For those like me who might want to sit on the balcony and read during the day, how much time is devoted to screen time and or noise? Any first hand knowledge if you can hear the screen speakers during the day or at night with the balcony door closed?

16 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

For those like me who might want to sit on the balcony and read during the day, how much time is devoted to screen time and or noise? Any first hand knowledge if you can hear the screen speakers during the day or at night with the balcony door closed?

Sorry, I don’t have specific info on screen time and noise. I didn’t stay in a CP room, I just know we spent less time in CP as it wasn’t as pleasant as Oasis. 

16 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

We were on deck 12 over Christmas and we never noticed but we never sit out on our balcony.  Never an issue in the evening.

The only issue we had was our door did not seal when it was closed.  If you looked at the seal you could see right outside, this meant there was c constant whistling sound.  Maintenance did come and fix it quickly enough but it then made the door very hard to close.  I have a feeling the next people in the room will be calling about that.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, FishOn55 said:

We just got off Wonder after two weeks on board and walked through Central Park at all hours because we always book on deck 8. Other than the light from endless promo loops and puppy videos on the screen, we never once saw them playing a movie (or anything with sound) there, and there was never any mention in two weeks of cruise compasses of anything ever playing on that screen. So if you are bothered by the world's largest night light or piped in bird noises I'd avoid CP balconies, and if you want to sit on your balcony and watch a movie you won't be able to do it there.