Booking the 150th Anniversary complimentary White Pass Train

cruisin'mama

Today I called HAL Ship Services to book the White Pass train excursion that was given complimentary for the first two guests as part of their 150th anniversary promo.

Since there are 3 of us in our suite, I wanted to book it and pay for the third person. I did not want to use any of the other shore excursion credit we have, I’d pay with my credit card. Whoever it was that I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about. He said I couldn’t transfer anything to someone else. I explained that I wasn’t trying to transfer anything.  He put me on hold for a while and then came back and said I could pay for the third person but the first two guests were already booked and when we get onboard, we need to go to the Shore Excursions desk and let them know what time we’d like to go. ( there are two times…8am and 12pm) I’m assuming it will all work out now but I wanted to let others know what I was told Incase they have the complimentary train excursion too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

Today I called HAL Ship Services to book the White Pass train excursion that was given complimentary for the first two guests as part of their 150th anniversary promo.

Since there are 3 of us in our suite, I wanted to book it and pay for the third person. I did not want to use any of the other shore excursion credit we have, I’d pay with my credit card. Whoever it was that I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about. He said I couldn’t transfer anything to someone else. I explained that I wasn’t trying to transfer anything.  He put me on hold for a while and then came back and said I could pay for the third person but the first two guests were already booked and when we get onboard, we need to go to the Shore Excursions desk and let them know what time we’d like to go. ( there are two times…8am and 12pm) I’m assuming it will all work out now but I wanted to let others know what I was told Incase they have the complimentary train excursion too.

You made it too complicated.   It there is a deal with two people that are free book the two people.  Call back and on a separate call book the other person.

Important that this promo is only for a few days.  It is not all summer.

When I tried to book it myself online, it didn’t give me the option of using the complimentary ones. It only let me use the other shore excursion credit. No where did it show the complimentary ones so that’s why I had to call. If I knew that I couldn’t do anything until I got onboard with the complimentary ones, I certainly would have booked the third one online myself and saved myself the hassle!

im just trying to save other people who have the complimentary ones from the same hassle. I guess I could have shortened my story and just said that they need to wait until they get onboard  and go to the shore excursion desk. There’s nothing you can do ahead of time.

• Thanks 1

We did this excursion last May. It is a wonderful ride. We had the same situation and ended up buying the extra ticket once we boarded the ship. It was not a problem. The train is basically made to be as long as necessary and seating is not assigned. We spent almost the whole ride standing outside the train car enjoying the fresh air and the scenery. 

• Thanks 1