Tell me about the NCL app

janetz

Hi all!

Cruising on the Bliss next month 

I thought to reserve shows and dining on the app, in the terminal before boarding.

Is this a can do?
How does this all work please?
What are the steps to connect?
Yes, I am technically challenged 😂

Thank you ahead for any help you can provide 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janetz said:

Hi all!

I thought to reserve shows and dining on the app, in the terminal before boarding.

Is this a can do?

We board at Pier 92 on Sunday. We will report if this is possible to do. I know some people have boarded in San Pedro at Pier 50 — which is far enough away to need a shuttle. I assume if the ship is docked somewhere other than 92, there is no way this would be possible. 

Also, I did see in a recent video someone mention that no shows had reservations on a 5-day cruise to Mexico. 

I've done this while waiting in both New York and Miami terminals in the past.  The key, like hallux said, is being able to connect to the ships wifi.  The app will give you instructions on how to do that.  They are fairly easy to follow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetz said:

Hi all!

Is this a can do?

To try to connect from the terminal, do the following:

1. Turn on Airplane mode on your phone and be sure WiFi is turned on.

2. Connect to the Ship's WiFi (this is the key step and, depending upon your location in terminal v. ship, may or may not work).

3. Open up the NCL App on your device.  

4. As long as the ship has "initiated" your cruise on the app, you will be good to go.  You will be able to make reservations for shows, restaurants, etc.  If you try this too early, the ship may still think it's the previous cruise.  In that case, you will need to wait 

2 hours ago, janetz said:

Hi all!

Is this a can do?

You can log on from the terminal (1) IF you can connect to the ship's wifi; (2) IF the ship has switched over to your cruise (otherwise they have the departing passenger's information in the system); and (3) IF the the ship has correctly loaded all of the information.

In August, October, and December, we sailed out of New York and Miami. We never were able to connect to the ship's wifi from the terminal (1). And on our most recent cruise in December, once onboard (after boarding started), all of the entertainment was not loaded into the app and we went to the box office to book. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can log on from the terminal (1) IF you can connect to the ship's wifi; (2) IF the ship has switched over to your cruise (otherwise they have the departing passenger's information in the system); and (3) IF the the ship has correctly loaded all of the information.

In August, October, and December, we sailed out of New York and Miami. We never were able to connect to the ship's wifi from the terminal (1). And on our most recent cruise in December, once onboard (after boarding started), all of the entertainment was not loaded into the app and we went to the box office to book. 

We did have luck connecting to ship's WiFi in December from Manhattan. It's the first time we were able to do so and I was a little surprised it allowed us given past experience (and past cruiser's experience trying as mentioned here). I suppose it's basically a crapshoot. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janetz said:

Hi all!

Is this a can do?

Why not make the reservations from home on your computer or smart phone?