Bathroom Sample basket, when did is stop?

EngIceDave

2 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

That long?

We had baskets on my first two Carnival cruises in '12 and '13. First time we had a nice basket with a lot of stuff. Second time the basket was much smaller with only three or four items. No more baskets after that. 

• Like 2

My first 2 cruises on Carnival/  Splendor (Feb and Mar 2014) had really nice samples in a basket. Everything I liked and used.  When I went back in May of the same year, there was NOTHING,

9 years ago.  Never saw anything since!

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, icft said:

I think I have entered the Twilight Zone.

Here I am just hoping they still serve food on my next cruise and you guys are talking about sample baskets????🤣.

Food? You can get a sample size food order through room service for a FEE. 🤐

They haven't done this for years. It has disappeared, along with free room service, bacon every morning on the Lido, midnight buffets, unlimited free extra dinner entres, Printed Fun Times, and dinner attire rule enforcement. But hey...after spending thousands of dollars on cruises, you still get a free drink on your last night. 

Edited by hillbillycruisers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

They haven't done this for years. It has disappeared, along with free room service, bacon every morning on the Lido, midnight buffets, unlimited free extra dinner entres, Printed Fun Times, and dinner attire rule enforcement. But hey...after spending thousands of dollars on cruises, you still get a free drink on your last night. 

Only if your status is gold or better. :classic_wink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

….and when we did B2Bs in the good old days, you received a nice fruit basket with a bottle of wine in your cabin. That was a really nice touch.

On our B2B in January 2020 on Elation we got the fruit basket but no bottle of wine.

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

….and when we did B2Bs in the good old days, you received a nice fruit basket with a bottle of wine in your cabin. That was a really nice touch.

Still get them today.  We did B2B's twice in 2022 on the Mardi Gras and got fruit baskets with a note that we could get refills if needed.

21 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Still get them today.  We did B2B's twice in 2022 on the Mardi Gras and got fruit baskets with a note that we could get refills if needed.

Wonder if I’ll get them next year? I have 2 b2bs booked. It shows appreciation. 

3 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Fruit baskets seem silly when there's a buffet of fruit 

Now, a basket of bacon......

I suppose you could give to your cabin steward and ask him to give it back or give it to him/her to keep.  I appreciate the gesture. 
A basket of bacon wouldn’t thrill me, LOL

1 minute ago, ladysail2 said:

Wonder if I’ll get them next year? I have 2 b2bs booked. It shows appreciation. 

We have B2B's booked for September 2023 and January 2024 on the Celebration.  It's a nice touch but an even nicer one would be a special sit down lunch similar to what is offered on RCI.  We did 12 days on the Oasis for the first time last June and between the 5 & 7 day sailings, the lunch was nice.

• Like 1

Just now, HappySails4U said:

I remember our first sample basket was shaped like a shell and had included some nice goodies.   Even included a paperback romance novel !    Nice touch !

Wow, that’s different…I was introduced to Skittles. Had never heard of them!

• Haha 1

We did B2B on MG this past summer and received the basket of fruit, note to refill it (we refilled it two times), and a bottle of bubbly (Stewart did not let us refill that though...LOL!). Plus the photo coupon, which was available only a certain time that turn around day at a specific place. Wish we could have done the group B2B photo...much more fun...