Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

7 hours ago, hard_eight said:

Best bartender on the ship is @ the Pig and Anchor. Drazen, he was previously a trainer for Alchemy. (He trained lil Nickola). Love that dude! 

Enjoy the cruise, pics make me want that room next time! WOW

Lol, thanks for following along.  

I have a question/request.

What wifi package do you have and can you stream any type of video? Hulu, Netflix, YoutubeTV

Reason I ask, and I know it's crazy, but I want to watch the Murdaugh trial, should likely start late this week or next...gonna be a humdinger!

So I want to know if the wifi can push video at all. I do have the max package.

Any idea if it can?

10 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

What wifi package do you have and can you stream any type of video? Hulu, Netflix, YoutubeTV

Reason I ask, and I know it's crazy, but I want to watch the Murdaugh trial, should likely start late this week or next...gonna be a humdinger!

Any idea if it can?

I had read this was the fastest wifi.  No different than any other from my perspective.  They are switching to satellite  which may be significantly faster.  With this many people on I would be shocked if you could stream. 

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I had read this was the fastest wifi.  No different than any other from my perspective.  They are switching to satellite  which may be significantly faster.  With this many people on I would be shocked if you could stream. 

OK, thanks

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

At the Diamond Luncheon they said there were more Diamonds on our sailing than ever on any non specialized sailing.  

I wonder why (this particular sailing), other than there's more and more Diamond guests minted every day!

I figure when we're on in May, and they're hitting up the ABC islands, that there will be a slew of 'em (I'll skip the lunch... rather have a chicken sandwich or such 😄 )!

Tom

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Any idea if it can?

Hulu does not like not having location services disabled. I've never had success with using it on a Carnival ship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I wonder why (this particular sailing), other than there's more and more Diamond guests minted every day!

I figure when we're on in May, and they're hitting up the ABC islands, that there will be a slew of 'em (I'll skip the lunch... rather have a chicken sandwich or such 😄 )!

Tom

Almost the entire Carnivale restaurant was full.  Blew me away

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

Hulu does not like not having location services disabled. I've never had success with using it on a Carnival ship. 

Same goes for YouTubeTV if it isn't getting it's location. But sometimes on Carnival ships it'll think I'm in Miami and it's cool.

But just for something like trial coverage it'll probably be streamed on regular youtube which doesn't give a darn where you are. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Same goes for YouTubeTV if it isn't getting it's location. But sometimes on Carnival ships it'll think I'm in Miami and it's cool.

But just for something like trial coverage it'll probably be streamed on regular youtube which doesn't give a darn where you are. 

Thanks, good input for me as well.  Can’t wait to see what the new satellite service brings in terms of speed    I looked but could bot find anything in terms of availability, probably a ways off.  

Just now, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for doing this Live Jimbo...it's really getting me amped up to sail on her next month!!

My pleasure!  Thanks for coming along on the journey.  You will LOVE the Celebration.      

• Like 1