Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"WOW....Another from jimbo5544! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

jimbo5544 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Come join us as we celebrate our 50th Carnival cruise aboard the Celebration.  Our very first cruise was in 96 on the original Celebration.  What a long strange trip it’s been.  I promise not to start singing Dead or any other songs….

• Like 20

Hi Jimbo. I'm on the cruise with you. My mom found a never worn Celebration t-shirt from when we sailed on the original in the 90's. My son has his sail n sign card from then as well.  One more wake-up. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Come join us as we celebrate our 50th Carnival cruise aboard the Celebration.  Our very first cruise was in 96 on the original Celebration.  What a long strange trip it’s been.  I promise not to start singing Dead or any other songs….

Have fun, we get 'er next

I'll do a live as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Looking forward to following you on your adventures!  Happy 50th CCL cruise!  We are heading out on our 30th on Spirit one week from today!

Outstanding, enjoy!  Thanks for following along, is will be a memorable week for us.

1 hour ago, rtfnl said:

Hi Jimbo. I'm on the cruise with you. My mom found a never worn Celebration t-shirt from when we sailed on the original in the 90's. My son has his sail n sign card from then as well.  One more wake-up. 

Hi!  Let’s try and find a way to say hi.  We were on the Celebration for the naming ceremony, you will love it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Great, will follow yours as well, be interesting to see the comparison

Well, upfront we have a balcony on 14 fwd port.

Have an excursion in San Juan with a walking food tour.

I have two cooking classes, pizza and cake decorating (I cook, wife burns water). I don't really GAS about cake decorating, it's the bag piping I want to learn. I wanted the pasta class, but was sold out.

One thing I will be able to help and report on is for folks following knee replacement 4 months out. How is it getting around and so on. Been working on fitness and stamina just for this ship.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

I have two cooking classes, pizza and cake decorating (I cook, wife burns water). I don't really GAS about cake decorating, it's the bag piping I want to learn. I wanted the pasta class, but was sold out.

One thing I will be able to help and report on is for folks following knee replacement 4 months out. How is it getting around and so on. Been working on fitness and stamina just for this ship.

Right there with you on the TKR report, I am currently 10 weeks post op and looking at cruising in March 2023.  Those who are not members of the "club" wouldn't understand.  Thanks for doing this!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Our first cruise was on the Celebration in 96. We had Cozumel cancelled due to an upcoming storm threat.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

We are in balcony 11 FWD and heard there may be quite a bit of walking.  
Hmmmm I want to learn piping too. So will see what you think.  I just don’t want to decorate, I know how to put sprinkles on, I have 3 grandchildren 😂 and that’s all they want.

• Like 2