Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I am loving your review, especially the balcony pics. I booked the suite so picturing myself right there with that refreshing glass of wine, only 16 months to go! Enjoy your dinner, looking forward to the pics! 😋

Thanks for coming along on the journey.  Part of the reason I post these is because I enjoy reading others when we are not cruising.  The other reason is when we go home, it makes reliving it easier.  

• Like 6

On 1/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I do not like to add to rumor mills on this site, but thought I would report something that ahppened that is kind of unique and has never happened to us before.  Not long after we left Costa Maya, the Captain came on with an important announcement.  They had a medical emergency where they needed someone who was a blood donor, had a donor card and had a certain blood type.  They were asking for everyone matching their needs to come to the Piano Bar.  We ahd someone on our group that matched the bllod type and we hurried down there.  They were overwhelmed with people trying to help.  In our world of self entitlements and political isolation, I was extremely please t see the number of people who jumped to action.  Nice job Carnval Celebration cruisers.  

Hi Jimbo. I'm reliving the past few days by reading your posts while I'm in my cabin.  I hope the person is okay. I wonder what happened as to why we left Roatan late. 

• Like 1

I thought I'd throw out the following again (lost in the shuffle earlier):

-------

Are you utilizing your Milestone benefits for this sailing? I'm eligible on our Mardi Gras sailing next month, but will wait until we're on the Celebration.

Let me know if the "special" guest services phone # works for you. I've had the worst luck with that, on several sailings. It just rings and rings!

Someone mentioned Behind the Fun... let us know if that's an option again. I'd like to take a look around (under the hood of) an Excel class ship. Also, do you recall if that was ever a Diamond benefit? I might be mixing up my cruise lines !

-------

Hope you had a great week !!

Tom

29 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I thought I'd throw out the following again (lost in the shuffle earlier):

-------

Are you utilizing your Milestone benefits for this sailing? I'm eligible on our Mardi Gras sailing next month, but will wait until we're on the Celebration.

Let me know if the "special" guest services phone # works for you. I've had the worst luck with that, on several sailings. It just rings and rings!

Someone mentioned Behind the Fun... let us know if that's an option again. I'd like to take a look around (under the hood of) an Excel class ship. Also, do you recall if that was ever a Diamond benefit? I might be mixing up my cruise lines !

-------

Hope you had a great week !!

Tom

We are using milestone on this cruise.  The number is only manned foe a couple hours a day.  We have a group on with us so while we did try once, it dis bot work.  They did reach out to our room on embarkation day.  

I have not seen anything on behind the fun, but will check.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

They need a side-by-side with the original Celebration for comparison sake. Wait, that's one of those small orange boats on the side of the ship.  😄

Tom

I said exactly the same thing.  That said, it gets a lot of attention

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are using milestone on this cruise.  The number is only manned foe a couple hours a day.  We have a group on with us so while we did try once, it dis bot work.  They did reach out to our room on embarkation day.  

I have not seen anything on behind the fun, but will check.  

That's interesting that the priority number given out (for RSVP of the invites and such) has limited hours. It would be handy for them to note that, just sayin' !   😄 

Tom

• Haha 1

Jimbo, I realized that you drove. Where did you park? On property or off property?

Once you get off MY SHIP, can you let me know what time it was you were off and in car on road?

I plan to park at the port, but want to guesstimate my arrival time back home.

January 27, 2023

Dear Carnival Guest, 

PortMiami officials have informed us that the city will be hosting the Miami Marathon on the day of your embarkation. As a result, there will be numerous street closures and heavier than normal traffic in and around the city.  

Since this could impact your commute to the port, we encourage you plan ample travel time to ensure prompt arrival within your pre-selected arrival appointment.  

If you purchased Carnival's transfer services, please note that our transfer times may also be impacted. We are working closely with our transportation provider to offset any potential delays.  

All guests must be on board the ship no later than 3:00 PM (ET) or they will not be permitted to sail.  

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation. See you soon!

Sincerely,

7436bfd8-e2f5-424e-ab0c-3a2617dabebd.jpg
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I said exactly the same thing.  That said, it gets a lot of attention

I think they should put one on all ships.  It was so interestiing with the detail I must have looked at it daily on the TA.

33 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I think they should put one on all ships.  It was so interestiing with the detail I must have looked at it daily on the TA.

Amazing what they can do with 3D printers nowadays !

(jk... but, one day!)

Tom

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Jimbo, I realized that you drove. Where did you park? On property or off property?

Once you get off MY SHIP, can you let me know what time it was you were off and in car on road?

I plan to park at the port, but want to guesstimate my arrival time back home.

Across from Virgin building

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1