Anyone lose a Move Up bid but get better deal onboard?

cgolf1

We are fully expecting to lose our move up bid to try an infinite veranda room from an inside to see if we like that style on the Edge. Back when we originally went on the edge we could have upgraded after going to guest services, but ended up not doing it. What I am curious is if anyone has tried this once onboard and noted the upgrade cost and how it compared to the move up bid price scale?

We were doing a 4B2B on an Edge class ship.  The first leg in a SS, AQ,AQ,SS.   The move up minimum was $1500 pp to a SS from the AQ for both cruises.     During the first cruise I went to GR to find out how much it would be to move up to the SS for the next cruise that was in AQ.   The SS cabin that we had was available for the next cruise.   This was on the close to the end of that cruise.  They said that they would get back to me.   I asked again on the last night and they said that they would let me know the next morning that would be the beginning of the next cruise.  I asked that morning and they said that they haven’t heard from corporate.  Didn’t hear anything back. So we weren’t really interested now as we already moved.   The 3rd day of the cruise after noon there was a message on our phone.   We could move into a SS for an addition $1500 pp.  No way.  We already moved and are now into the 3rd day of a 7 day cruise.   We didn’t bother for the next cruise as AQ was fine.

I would suggest giving it a try.   You don’t have to accept and it may work for you. 

That is our experience.  Others may have had better experiences. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

YOu can always ask.    We were on a cruise and I booked high for a RS.   I didn't win it and it was still available when we boarded the ship.   I asked about upgrading and the price they gave me was higher than I could have booked paying full fare 2 days prior to the cruise.

I of course turned it down and they sailed with it empty.   The decision on pricing is up to the Revenue Manager on the ship.

Try it and if the price is right upgrade.  They often don't do the upgrade of NO shows until the 3rd day.

• Like 1

Yes. Multiple times. 

The last onboard upgrade we had booked a Royal Suite. Bid on the Penthouse, but never got an upgrade. However, 2nd day onboard we were upgraded to Penthouse for the current cruise and B2B cruise. Hotel Director and Suite Manager came by to ask if we would like to upgrade. No charge. 

— Don

Edited by dcyonce
  • Like 3