Stateroom coffee ☕️ on Discovery Cruise ship

tjcletzgo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sirclean said:

The OP asked about Stateroom coffee.  I have not found coffee in any of my rooms, though I ve not stayed in any suites.  Does Princess have in room coffee available?

You could order coffee in the morning with breakfast at no additional cost but who knows if that’s still the case. It was made with syrup. 

On Royal Class ships coffee is not prepared from a coffee concentrate which some call syrup. The OP is speaking about the Discovery Princess a Royal Class ship. Standard coffee on these ships is prepared from ground coffee. If you order room service this is what you receive.

You can also order brewed coffee and espresso beverages for delivery to your cabin. They are included in the plus & premier fares. If you have the standard fare then there is a charge.

In general Princess does not have coffee makers in the cabins. There have been some exceptions for sailings from Southampton where hot pots are in the cabins.

Coffee concentrate is used on the older Grand Class ships.

• Like 1

The original poster asked about coffee on Discovery Princess. On Royal Class ships; Discovery is one, the coffee is NOT from concentrate. I find the coffee OK for my taste. I am NOT a coffee expert but find it a big upgrade from the Grand Class ships where it is made from concentrate.

• Like 1

Interesting topic.  I have been on several of the Royal Class Ships, not Discovery (next Feb 2024) but Regal, Sky, Enchanted, Royal and come to think of it, when I order coffee from room service, (which is still free .... but with Princess going cheap on everything, that too could be a thing of the past), the coffee comes in a carafe and is very hot and actually tasty.  Hmmm.   It tastes much better than the stuff served the buffet. Maybe the carafe adds some some magic to it.

• Haha 1

I'm not a coffee snob, but have two Nespresso units at home, one for original pods and one for the Vertuo pods, plus a Keurig, and I have a Technivorm Mocamaster for drip coffee.  But I'm not against drinking coffee from 7-11, CircleK, McDonalds, Flying J, Love's.  Some is better than others.  I never minded the coffee concentrate that was served in the past.  I always cream my coffee, so that must have softened out the rough edges.  I would order a pot of it from room service most mornings.  It was never so bad that I just couldn't drink it.  But coffee is very subjective.

• Like 1