Does NCL have an indoor adults only free "solarium/sanctuary"?

kessdarln

Long time NCL fan. 

Lately I've been looking at some other lines that offer an indoor pool area for adults only - included, not for pay. The bar and snack area in there is a bonus. 

Seems NCL should have something like this by now. Right?! Especially for Norway, Iceland, Alaska.  I could not find a "suggestion box" for NCL
🙏🚢🧡🥂🍪🐈

5 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Long time NCL fan. 

Lately I've been looking at some other lines that offer an indoor pool area for adults only - included, not for pay. The bar and snack area in there is a bonus. 

Seems NCL should have something like this by now. Right?! Especially for Norway, Iceland, Alaska.  I could not find a "suggestion box" for NCL
🙏🚢🧡🥂🍪🐈

I wouldn't count on it when they already have pretty much that and people are willing to pay extra for it...  😏

20 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Long time NCL fan. 

🙏🚢🧡🥂🍪🐈

I really wish they had this as well. The indoor pool areas on Royal are what keeps me from exclusively sailing with NCL. I am trying a cruise on HAL in the fall. They have a pool with a retractable roof. I am a little worried I may be bored on the sea days, but we will see. I am sure I will miss my Sapphire benefits.

We booked an early fall cruise on the Carnival Pride.  The ship is old and some very funky decor BUT is does have a pool with a retractable roof.  The itinerary has 4 ports in Iceland plus Belfast, N. Ireland and 2 ports in Scotland - round trip from London.  The pool was definitely a selling feature for us.  Love those areas on Royal's ships too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kessdarln said:

Long time NCL fan. 

🙏🚢🧡🥂🍪🐈

The only complimentary enclosed pool is in the Haven on a limited number of ships. 

NCL does not waste money on enclosing pool decks like Royal which cater to a small subset of the passenger. And a lot of Royal's solariums are not fully enclosed. 

NCL invests in installing large observation lounges, excellent in any climate that wrap around 1/3 of a deck with spectacular views. They include bars and buffet serving light breakfast, lunch and tea. 

image.png.fe3264a48cdcb7299ed1a9b982db67c5.png

image.png.7681d8de0c2f34260a8626103ea6cc0c.png

image.png.48f9da04c5231e02e744a1ff9ecac918.png

image.png.445c7a03e5dd966339e2efc0cc49f8ac.png

Pool decks are still used in Alaska. New ships are built for cold climates with heated pools and water features, and heaters above outdoor seating areas. We cruise Alaska every year and I would say about 1/2 the time, we are in short while in Alaskan ports. 

image.png.1a040863e592fe58db14ab500d695e81.png

Edited by BirdTravels

This is a feature I wish NCL would include in their ships. If you look at their new pr1ma class of ships, everything is outside too! Doubling down...honestly that's ok for me, because of what @BirdTravelssaid: the Haven. Even though I haven't sailed in an enclosed Haven courtyard yet. I will be in March when we go to Mexico. Thankfully!

You might look to book a thermal suite if the ship you're sailing has one. Their is a large pool with lots of bubble making jets that do wonders for muscles. And different sauna, salt rooms, and lovely heated ceramic loungers. This is an extra cost ~ $300'ish a week, depending on the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This is a feature I wish NCL would include in their ships. If you look at their new pr1ma class of ships, everything is outside too! Doubling down...honestly that's ok for me, because of what @BirdTravelssaid: the Haven. Even though I haven't sailed in an enclosed Haven courtyard yet. I will be in March when we go to Mexico. Thankfully!

You might look to book a thermal suite if the ship you're sailing has one. Their is a large pool with lots of bubble making jets that do wonders for muscles. And different sauna, salt rooms, and lovely heated ceramic loungers. This is an extra cost ~ $300'ish a week, depending on the ship.

Prima is going to Iceland and Norway for the next few years.  All that outside space is wasted in poor weather. Won't stop me, but it is a feature that would be welcome. 🚢🧡🥂

I'll never afford Haven and if I could, I'd invest it in a summer home (or 20 other cruises) 😄  

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I have, and love it.  Still isn't a free indoor pool deck 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The only complimentary enclosed pool is in the Haven on a limited number of ships. 

NCL does not waste money on enclosing pool decks like Royal which cater to a small subset of the passenger. And a lot of Royal's solariums are not fully enclosed. 

NCL invests in installing large observation lounges, excellent in any climate that wrap around 1/3 of a deck with spectacular views. They include bars and buffet serving light breakfast, lunch and tea. 

image.png.fe3264a48cdcb7299ed1a9b982db67c5.png

image.png.7681d8de0c2f34260a8626103ea6cc0c.png

image.png.48f9da04c5231e02e744a1ff9ecac918.png

image.png.445c7a03e5dd966339e2efc0cc49f8ac.png

Pool decks are still used in Alaska. New ships are built for cold climates with heated pools and water features, and heaters above outdoor seating areas. We cruise Alaska every year and I would say about 1/2 the time, we are in short while in Alaskan ports. 

image.png.1a040863e592fe58db14ab500d695e81.png

Hi there Birdtravels.  I live an hour from Seattle. It's a great escape to just go on the ship, usually NCL but have done a few 1 night HAL 😄   Usually stay on the ship and enjoy the covered hot tubs - Hmmm... curious, why do they cover the hot tubs? LOL 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😅

5 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I wouldn't count on it when they already have pretty much that and people are willing to pay extra for it...  😏

Do that many pay for Vibes? I did on my first Epic 2013.  Maybe 7 people were in there at one time. It still isn't covered 😄  But looking down on the pool deck, I understand the draw.  🙂 

5 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I really wish they had this as well. The indoor pool areas on Royal are what keeps me from exclusively sailing with NCL. I am trying a cruise on HAL in the fall. They have a pool with a retractable roof. I am a little worried I may be bored on the sea days, but we will see. I am sure I will miss my Sapphire benefits.

Yep, those are the reasons I'm looking at other lines. 

Hey, have you sailed with MSC yet? They do status match, 1 time. 

I'm older now, not a sun worshiper, but I still want to be in that atmosphere, just in the shade 😄 

1 hour ago, kessdarln said:

Yep, those are the reasons I'm looking at other lines. 

Hey, have you sailed with MSC yet? They do status match, 1 time. 

I'm older now, not a sun worshiper, but I still want to be in that atmosphere, just in the shade 😄 

I did the status match before the shutdown, but never got to try one of their ships. Would like to try Meraviglia. I agree about enjoying the atmosphere.

15 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I agree,, the solarium in royal carribean was my favourite part of our last cruise... so relaxing... it is for over 16s so our daughter was allowed in with us otherwise we would have just use the main pool area which is good however after using the solarium last year I dont think id go back to main pool as it was so nice just lazing reading book and a cocktail or too... when I got home I checked to see if NCL did this in their cruises and didnt see anything except the pay extra 

10 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Do that many pay for Vibes? I did on my first Epic 2013.  Maybe 7 people were in there at one time. It still isn't covered 😄  But looking down on the pool deck, I understand the draw.  🙂 

I thought they were referring to the thermal spa.

15 hours ago, kessdarln said:

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I thought they were referring to the thermal spa.

Yes, sorry I was vague - I was referring to the thermal suite, although the Vibe does also meet some of your criteria.

I would not judge the Vibe sales by how many people you see.  We were on the Prima recently and I don't think we ever saw more than 10-12 people but it was sold out.

16 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I did the status match before the shutdown, but never got to try one of their ships. Would like to try Meraviglia. I agree about enjoying the atmosphere.

Last few weeks in May, NY,  Yacht club is under 2K.  That's on my short list for the spring. ❤️ 

59 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Last few weeks in May, NY,  Yacht club is under 2K.  That's on my short list for the spring. ❤️ 

Interior room for what I can see. I could never justify an interior. BUT, definitely a great deal for someone who can handle being in an interior.

Still, price in a balcony Yacht Club isn't bad at $5,400 for two in June out of NYC. Gotta convince the husband to 1) sail anything other than Haven, 2) quit his job.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:40 PM, kessdarln said:

Prima is going to Iceland and Norway for the next few years.  All that outside space is wasted in poor weather. Won't stop me, but it is a feature that would be welcome. 🚢🧡🥂

I'll never afford Haven and if I could, I'd invest it in a summer home (or 20 other cruises) 😄  

There's always deals to be found. I just posted info for a February sailing on the Joy leaving out of LAX where you can sail Haven for <$300/pp/day.

If you're looking for a quiet area to sit, read, play cards or board games... most ships have a library. It's not a pool area, but it is a nice calm place to go and veg out for free. The newer ships have the amazing observation lounges too with lots of nooks and crannies to curl up and enjoy the views.

• Thanks 1