Onboard laundry purchase

Match Game 72

No added fee but good luck getting the 15 off. Nobody seemed to know diamond got the discount and when I showed them the chart with diamond discounts they were surprised and said they would take care of it.  Sent laundry in two different days and was charged an additional 56 dollars.  Got that straightened out but will never buy the laundry package again.  Shirts and pants needed pressing after I got them back. Package deal is not like it used to be. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

No added fee but good luck getting the 15 off. Nobody seemed to know diamond got the discount and when I showed them the chart with diamond discounts they were surprised and said they would take care of it.  Sent laundry in two different days and was charged an additional 56 dollars.  Got that straightened out but will never buy the laundry package again.  Shirts and pants needed pressing after I got them back. Package deal is not like it used to be. 

As Diamond, you know MSC...this attitude surprised you?

🙂

32 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

So, to be clear, you purchased the "bag"...was it $40 - 15% or were you charged some other rate?

I signed up, on board, for the 20 article package. Sent 10 items on tuesday and 10 items on thursday. When I checked my charges at the concierge and saw the double charges the concierge said it was the butlers fault and she immediately called someone and said it would be fixed.  That night the butler brought another laundry packege sign up slip for mr to sign and he said that would take care of the problem.  Final bill had the one time $45 cost but no 15% discount, waiting for comment/survey form to add comments on laundry.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CarolnLarry said:

I signed up, on board, for the 20 article package. Sent 10 items on tuesday and 10 items on thursday. When I checked my charges at the concierge and saw the double charges the concierge said it was the butlers fault and she immediately called someone and said it would be fixed.  That night the butler brought another laundry packege sign up slip for mr to sign and he said that would take care of the problem.  Final bill had the one time $45 cost but no 15% discount, waiting for comment/survey form to add comments on laundry.

The 10 & 20 item package details both say the "item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted."  If you put items in on Tuesday AND Thursday you used 2 packages in their eyes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:53 PM, Av8tor said:

The 10 & 20 item package details both say the "item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted."  If you put items in on Tuesday AND Thursday you used 2 packages in their eyes...

Butler said I could split the package and I did.

• Like 1

My wife and I are on a 14 day cruise on the Seascape and the laundry package has been a nightmare. We were ready to send our 40 items only to be told that there is another form for the laundry package. We’ll it’s the 11th day of our cruise and we have yet to receive the forms for the two laundry packages we purchased. I’m wearing the t shirts that I bought while visiting the ports we first went to.  Not impressed at all with the cabin service at MSC for regular passengers.

We purchased the 20 item laundry package for $38 prior to cruising. 
Of course there was a charge on our on board acct for $63 and change for the laundry after we sent it to be done. 
I had my edocs printed out and brought the paper receipt showing I had purchased the package. They immediately credited the $63 charge. 

I did not get 15% off the price of the package.
I was told, and take it for what it’s worth, the packages are already deeply discounted.
If I were to pay the on board pricing ($63) I would be eligible to have the discount applied to that. 
Buying the package is a much better deal. 

Now someone else on board may tell you that you can get the discount on the package. It’s MSC there’s some small stuff we have to let go sometimes or else our heads will explode. lol

I have the laundry list form if anyone is interested in seeing the individual charges   I can take a pic and post it. 

Edited by styles27
Additional text
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mdraes said:

My wife and I are on a 14 day cruise on the Seascape and the laundry package has been a nightmare. We were ready to send our 40 items only to be told that there is another form for the laundry package. We’ll it’s the 11th day of our cruise and we have yet to receive the forms for the two laundry packages we purchased. I’m wearing the t shirts that I bought while visiting the ports we first went to.  Not impressed at all with the cabin service at MSC for regular passengers.

We also pre purchsed the 40 piece package. Also no forms to date. We plan to send our things down tomorrow so there will be time to fix any billing issues. Thanks for the heads up!

59 minutes ago, Td6462 said:

We also pre purchsed the 40 piece package. Also no forms to date. We plan to send our things down tomorrow so there will be time to fix any billing issues. Thanks for the heads up!

Our room attendant left the bag with the form right before our B2B ended   You may have to ask your room attendant about it if you haven’t received it yet.  

33 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Our room attendant left the bag with the form right before our B2B ended   You may have to ask your room attendant about it if you haven’t received it yet.  

Yeah I think it has a lot to do with how good of a room attendant is assigned. We had one and it changed after our second week so I’m sure that had a lot to do with why. We asked about the laundry, learned about the other form for packages and were told that we would get one later in the cruise. I’m waiting for today and if I don’t get it I’m headed to guest services. Everything else has been great on the cruise, I guess there has to be something that goes wrong and this is not too bad overall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

2 hours ago, Mdraes said:

Yeah I think it has a lot to do with how good of a room attendant is assigned. We had one and it changed after our second week so I’m sure that had a lot to do with why. We asked about the laundry, learned about the other form for packages and were told that we would get one later in the cruise. I’m waiting for today and if I don’t get it I’m headed to guest services. Everything else has been great on the cruise, I guess there has to be something that goes wrong and this is not too bad overall.

I asked before we got off the ship today. This form was waiting when we got back. I see no area to indicate use of a 40 piece pre paid package. Does this look correct or should I be looking for a different form?

20230125_153344.jpg

15 minutes ago, Td6462 said:

I asked before we got off the ship today. This form was waiting when we got back. I see no area to indicate use of a 40 piece pre paid package. Does this look correct or should I be looking for a different form?

20230125_153344.jpg

That’s the form they gave us as well.  You still want to fill it out and take a picture of the filled out form. 
I also recommend writing someplace on the form “prepaid 40 piece package” just as a reminder to your room attendant. 
Our attendant knew we had the 20 piece package because he mentioned it when he saw us going into our room that evening but the Guest Services rep blamed him for putting the $63 charge through. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a little bit over organized but I laid out the laundry I was sending out on the bed and took a picture of it.
Only reason I did that was NCL lost our grandson’s hoodie last year. Our room attendant was insistent that it wasn’t included in the bag but it was the only hoodie he brought with him and he had dropped pizza sauce down the front which is why I sent it to be cleaned. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

That’s the form they gave us as well.  You still want to fill it out and take a picture of the filled out form. 
I also recommend writing someplace on the form “prepaid 40 piece package” just as a reminder to your room attendant. 
Our attendant knew we had the 20 piece package because he mentioned it when he saw us going into our room that evening but the Guest Services rep blamed him for putting the $63 charge through. 

We had the same form in our cabin! We filled it out and just put 40 piece laundry package at the bottom and our cabin attendant just looked at it confused and said that if we send that we will be billed for each individual piece and we have to use the package form.  I’m so confused about the process…

On a positive note though we had a great excursion and I bought two more new shirts to wear, lol!

I’m thinking of just going to customer service and saying that I have no confidence that they will provide the service that we paid for and ask that our 90 dollars be changed to on board credit.  But like everything MSC I’ll probably get the answer that, either they can’t do that onboard, or send me to another office that handles that type of stuff…

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mdraes said:

We had the same form in our cabin! We filled it out and just put 40 piece laundry package at the bottom and our cabin attendant just looked at it confused and said that if we send that we will be billed for each individual piece and we have to use the package form.  I’m so confused about the process…

On a positive note though we had a great excursion and I bought two more new shirts to wear, lol!

I’m thinking of just going to customer service and saying that I have no confidence that they will provide the service that we paid for and ask that our 90 dollars be changed to on board credit.  But like everything MSC I’ll probably get the answer that, either they can’t do that onboard, or send me to another office that handles that type of stuff…

Did he give you a package form too?

11 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

That is not the package sign up form.  That is the form used to send the laundry.  

I don't recommend the laundry to anyone.

Thanks. We only sent the laundry we had shrunk by RC in November. Our room attendant had no knowledge of a "package" form. We noted the package all over the form and bag as well ad drew a line through all the prices. Hopefully that'll be enough.

• Like 1

I have tried for the last 2 days to use the website and add a laundry package to our booking which now leaves in 3 days.  I could add the package to the cart, but when I tried to checkout, the website would just show the ship icon (thinking pause icon) but would never proceed to a page allowing me to add my credit card info.  I finally called MSC and the agent told me I'd have to go through my TA to add the package.  I find that silly or typical MSC bs.  I guess I'd have to also go thru the TA if I wanted to add excursions or anything else also.  I can understand having to go thru the TA for any substantial change (such as dates, ship, or cabin category changes - but not just a package addition to an existing booking).

I could still go thru TA to add it, but think I'll just wait & do it on board since the consensus is that room attendants don't know how to use the proper pre-paid package form anyway.  I'll guess I'll see if I can get the VC discount added to an on-board package purchase and go from there.  I'll report back...

39 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

I have tried for the last 2 days to use the website and add a laundry package to our booking which now leaves in 3 days.  I could add the package to the cart, but when I tried to checkout, the website would just show the ship icon (thinking pause icon) but would never proceed to a page allowing me to add my credit card info.  I finally called MSC and the agent told me I'd have to go through my TA to add the package.  I find that silly or typical MSC bs.  I guess I'd have to also go thru the TA if I wanted to add excursions or anything else also.  I can understand having to go thru the TA for any substantial change (such as dates, ship, or cabin category changes - but not just a package addition to an existing booking).

I could still go thru TA to add it, but think I'll just wait & do it on board since the consensus is that room attendants don't know how to use the proper pre-paid package form anyway.  I'll guess I'll see if I can get the VC discount added to an on-board package purchase and go from there.  I'll report back...

I have yet to see a package form. If anyone has it please post a picture. 

Guest services told me the room attendants know who has purchased laundry packages ahead of time which was in line with what our attendant told us. 

They want these forms filled out so there’s an inventory of what each stateroom sends to be laundered. 
Our attendant simply forgot that we had the package when it came time to submit.

Can’t say I blame him he had 18 rooms to take care of.  

A quick 2 minute visit to guest services and the charge was reversed. 

I wouldn’t wait to purchase it on board. It is more expensive.  We paid $38 pre cruise and the on board charge for the same laundry was $63. 

There has been reports of problems with purchasing things on MSC US site this week 

I’m sure they’re getting right on that 🙄

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2