FCC extension

wblotner66

I have FCC's expiring this summer from a cruise that I couldn't board as i tested positive for Covid in July. I'd like to use it for a trip in 2024 as I already have my travel booked for this year. Has anyone had luck getting it extended if I book now but don't sail until 2024.

56 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

I have FCC's expiring this summer from a cruise that I couldn't board as i tested positive for Covid in July. I'd like to use it for a trip in 2024 as I already have my travel booked for this year. Has anyone had luck getting it extended if I book now but don't sail until 2024.

Very strict about extensions in most cases.  If you have a TA/CVP, see if they can help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Very strict about extensions in most cases.  If you have a TA/CVP, see if they can help.

I had some goodwill FCC from when they halted cruising in 2020.  Instead of giving me back the funds I'd paid for the canceled cruise, as I clearly indicated when they sent out their survey about how they were to handle funds associated for fully paid for and canceled cruises, they kept the funds and gave me the higher goodwill FCC.  Problem was that they had all that goodwill FCC expire at the end of 2022, and with full time jobs, and a kid in school, you have to plan out when you cruise about a year in advance and it has to be during school breaks.

I tried to get them to extend the goodwill credit to a 2023 cruise I booked in 2022, but they refused.  My CVP at the time encouraged me to take a last minute cruise during the holidays, which wasn't realistic as neither I nor my DW had sufficient vacation time left, and the length and availability of cruises didn't dovetail with my daughter's school break.

If you have an independent TA, you might have a chance if they have connections, but that is a long shot.  CVPs work for Princess, and based on what I found out and experienced, they are sticking to the expiration dates of goodwill credit.

If the credit is your money that you paid out of pocket, the expiration date indicates the date which the funds will be removed from your Circle account, but those funds get put into a check and mailed back to you.

All the cruise lines are still financially shaky and probably will remain so for a number of years to come.  They really don't want to be "giving away" cruises, they need to be earning money with each booking.  So, they are sticking to their goodwill credit expiration dates, honoring them when used before expiration, but not extending them.

20 minutes ago, jeromep said:

I had some goodwill FCC from when they halted cruising in 2020.  Instead of giving me back the funds I'd paid for the canceled cruise, as I clearly indicated when they sent out their survey about how they were to handle funds associated for fully paid for and canceled cruises, they kept the funds and gave me the higher goodwill FCC.  Problem was that they had all that goodwill FCC expire at the end of 2022, and with full time jobs, and a kid in school, you have to plan out when you cruise about a year in advance and it has to be during school breaks.

I tried to get them to extend the goodwill credit to a 2023 cruise I booked in 2022, but they refused.  My CVP at the time encouraged me to take a last minute cruise during the holidays, which wasn't realistic as neither I nor my DW had sufficient vacation time left, and the length and availability of cruises didn't dovetail with my daughter's school break.

If you have an independent TA, you might have a chance if they have connections, but that is a long shot.  CVPs work for Princess, and based on what I found out and experienced, they are sticking to the expiration dates of goodwill credit.

If the credit is your money that you paid out of pocket, the expiration date indicates the date which the funds will be removed from your Circle account, but those funds get put into a check and mailed back to you.

All the cruise lines are still financially shaky and probably will remain so for a number of years to come.  They really don't want to be "giving away" cruises, they need to be earning money with each booking.  So, they are sticking to their goodwill credit expiration dates, honoring them when used before expiration, but not extending them.

Yes, I totally understand, as I was one of those OB during the pause March 2020.

The OP doesn’t have this type of FCC.

They have one expiring in 2023 due to a positive covid case.  I have no idea how they are handling these.  Maybe someone with recent experience can chime in.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, I totally understand, as I was one of those OB during the pause March 2020.

The OP doesn’t have this type of FCC.

They have one expiring in 2023 due to a positive covid case.  I have no idea how they are handling these.  Maybe someone with recent experience can chime in.

Is the OP's FCC their own money or goodwill FCC?

2 hours ago, jeromep said:

I had some goodwill FCC from when they halted cruising in 2020.  Instead of giving me back the funds I'd paid for the canceled cruise, as I clearly indicated when they sent out their survey about how they were to handle funds associated for fully paid for and canceled cruises, they kept the funds and gave me the higher goodwill FCC.  Problem was that they had all that goodwill FCC expire at the end of 2022,

I had 2 March 2020 cruises on the Grand Princess canceled.  My granddaughters Goodwill credit (the bonus amt) expired 12/31/22 but her other FCC is good until the end of this year so unless you took cash + Goodwill FCC you still have OBC = the amount you paid for cruise