PR email, RELAX on Sun Princess NO padding on Sanctuary loungers

Wishing on a star

Surely to goodness Princess will re-think this.

They give guests a chance to PAY for comfy uncrowded loungers in the Sanctuary.

But the PR image shows regular pool deck chairs, piled in shoulder to shoulder.

Is this yet another thing that does actually work with Princess that they are basically getting rid of?

Among many others, like the Alfredo, the signature desserts, the Prime Rib embarkation, etc...

It is like their mindset is if something is classic Princess, and it is desired, then get rid of it?

It is a good thing IF it is true that there are more relaxing deck areas, other than the pool deck.

But, don't mess with my Sanctuary!

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Surely to goodness Princess will re-think this.

They give guests a chance to PAY for comfy uncrowded loungers in the Sanctuary.

But the PR image shows regular pool deck chairs, piled in shoulder to shoulder.

Is this yet another thing that does actually work with Princess that they are basically getting rid of?

Among many others, like the Alfredo, the signature desserts, the Prime Rib embarkation, etc...

It is like their mindset is if something is classic Princess, and it is desired, then get rid of it?

It is a good thing IF it is true that there are more relaxing deck areas, other than the pool deck.

But, don't mess with my Sanctuary!

Can you post the image?

To use the Sanctuary, you always have to pay however, the lounge chairs were padded if I recall. Don’t forget, this is the New Princess. 
Overall, I’m not impress with this new ship layout however, I will give it a try next year. 

Edited by DHP1

32 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Pictures of the Sanctuary on Sun Princess website. 

95EAE9F4-F34F-4FEF-BE21-810ED4AA90BA.jpeg

9366932C-F389-4678-853B-421D20800449.jpeg

Considering that those are merely an artists rendering, I would take any details such as padded or not padded with a huge grain of salt (maybe a train car load)

Especially since the pictures overlap and one rendering shows pads and the other rendering does not.

A William Shakespeare moment - Much ado about nothing

Edited by ldtr

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Just another thing to show that they are probably artistic rendering "issues", the renderings of lounge type chairs in The DOME were padded.

Apologies, I meant that the DOME loungers are padded according to artistic renderings. 

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's the new generation of marketing majors they are bringing on board (my opinion).  It doesn't appeal to the younger generation so they feel they need to "do something" to "save" Princess.

So true “save”. With two new ships being constructed (completed in 2024 and 2025) they need the money. 😀

Edited by DHP1

The first area, with the unpadded chairs is called "lotus spa."  The second area with lovely padded loungers and alternative seating is "the Sanctuary."  Notice the bar areas are different.  The first area must be similar to the area on the Grand Class with the pool, outside the Spa BELOW the Sanctuary that was considered part of the spa but not part of the Sanctuary.  The second area is clearly "the Sanctuary."  Sanctuary and spa are not equivalent.

• 4 weeks later...