Cost for WiFi for elite

joetop2467

I see that one of the benefits of being elite on Celebrity is 30% off WiFi package.  Is this the same precruise as on the cruise?  If you book it before you cruise, do you also get the precruise discounted price of $16.99 per day minus the 30%.  I believe that on Royal Caribbean, we got one day free internet for being Diamond.  We booked the cruise without all the added “free” stuff.  

My experience is the discounts aren't stacked.   In order to apply you need to call CC.   Once on the ship you can select the package and the discounts are already included using the app.

Saying that I have heard of some that were able to get the discount applied on a sale price..    Often depends on the agent and their understanding.

You also get a certain number of minutes free with you CC level.  

2 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

I see that one of the benefits of being elite on Celebrity is 30% off WiFi package.  Is this the same precruise as on the cruise?  If you book it before you cruise, do you also get the precruise discounted price of $16.99 per day minus the 30%.  I believe that on Royal Caribbean, we got one day free internet for being Diamond.  We booked the cruise without all the added “free” stuff.  

When I called a few weeks ago to book the premium wifi using my Elite discount the price quoted was approximately 30% off of the pre-cruise discounted price so they did appear to stack the discounts.

12 minutes ago, prmssk said:

When I called a few weeks ago to book the premium wifi using my Elite discount the price quoted was approximately 30% off of the pre-cruise discounted price so they did appear to stack the discounts.

Yes, that is how it works. Agent should know how to do it. One week price is $237.93 with pre cruise and Elite discount. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience is the discounts aren't stacked.   In order to apply you need to call CC.   Once on the ship you can select the package and the discounts are already included using the app.

Saying that I have heard of some that were able to get the discount applied on a sale price..    Often depends on the agent and their understanding.

You also get a certain number of minutes free with you CC level.  

Do you still get some free minutes for being Elite?

49 minutes ago, pilot said:

Yes, that is how it works. Agent should know how to do it. One week price is $237.93 with pre cruise and Elite discount. 

I recently had to push back with an agent who said they did not stack. This is verbiage from the cruise planner saying they are combinable. Drink packages say otherwise. He swore his system wouldn't let him stack the wifi discounts so he did the pre-cruise price then added on-board credit for the difference. This past November, I had an agent that stacked the discount without any problem. Sure wish we didn't have to call to get the discounts and they would simply apply to your account as you book it since your status is there.

image.thumb.png.97cd093232eb83f19a996e1910f387ed.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

I recently had to push back with an agent who said they did not stack. This is verbiage from the cruise planner saying they are combinable. Drink packages say otherwise. He swore his system wouldn't let him stack the wifi discounts so he did the pre-cruise price then added on-board credit for the difference. This past November, I had an agent that stacked the discount without any problem. Sure wish we didn't have to call to get the discounts and they would simply apply to your account as you book it since your status is there.

image.thumb.png.97cd093232eb83f19a996e1910f387ed.png

YES!!!!

It is astonishing to me that discounts are not automatically applied when customers are logged in. 

When I log into any of my shopping accounts,  credits or discounts I am eligible for are there. Amazon digital credits for choosing slower shipping? Automatic. Macy's Star Rewards? Automatic. Etc., etc, etc. 

It seems very cost-ineffective to pay phone agents to do things customers should be able to do themselves. Imagine how much shorter wait times could be if phone agents only had to do the things that should be done at the corporate level. 

If X had their IT folks program the ability to apply loyalty discounts automatically, more people might buy the upgrades. I would not be surprised if folks give up if hold times are too long. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, resordanis said:

Thank you

To add to your options assuming you are not a solo traveller. You both have 90 minutes at the premium rate..Your account numbers are shown on your Sea Pass Cards. One of you logs on, creates the account and your share the 90 minutes- using one device. It's amazing how long the 90 mins lasts if you prepare all outgoing messages off line, logon and as your outgoing messages send incoming are saved. Log off as soon as the incoming are finished and read those messages off line. Repeat twice a day - you are on vacation. When the first 90 are used you have a choice create another account and use the 90 as before. Or use the Elite benefit as a discount on a full package by which time there will probably be an onboard offer that just covers the balance of the cruise . You can get free WiFi at every port (ok you might have to buy a coffee/beer) and we have never used our 90 x 2 on any cruise 

I called Celebrity about the wifi discount.  He said I am eligible for the 30% discount and then quote me a price higher than the discounted price on Cruise Planner price.  I pointed that out, he put me on hold, the came back and quoted a rate lower than 30% off the Cruise Planner price.  So I purchased that and locked it in.

I think he was a little mathmatically challenged.