Parental Consent form

Peachypooh

I got an email asking for  a parental consent form for our upcoming cruise. We are in a Haven cabin with my grandchildren and she and her husband  is in a balcony cabin on another deck. I have called NCL and gotten three different answers. One I don't need the form since my daughter and husband are on the ship, two I do need the form since we will be checking in at different cabins and three I need the form regardless. Does anyone have any first hand experience? I asked her to fill it out just to be on the safe side but want to know which answer is right. Thanks.

My answer's probably not helpful, but I say just have the form filled out because. Since the kids are in your room, I'd expect they are your problem if something happens. At least I'm assuming "she" is your daughter. Perhaps I'm wrong in that assumption. 

I do know that you will be checking in a completely different area of the terminal than your son/daughter as you're in the Haven and they are not (again, I'm dangerously assuming). Since this is the case, this is likely why you need the form as you and your grandchildren will be checking in together, while mom and dad are checking in separately. 

Hopefully you get some real life experience answers too!

We are traveling with My Stepdaughter and her 17 year old friend. Now the friends parents are not going on the Cruise so we completed the form with also getting photo copies of their IDS. Now as far as NCL says that is all we need. Now I will say i did just in case have a letter drafted up and had it signed by her friends mother as well as notarized. This is mainly for when we go through customs when we return. 

Not much help for you, but pretty sure if the parents are traveling with the child just in different cabins this should be necessary. 

6 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

I got an email asking for  a parental consent form for our upcoming cruise. We are in a Haven cabin with my grandchildren and she and her husband  is in a balcony cabin on another deck. I have called NCL and gotten three different answers. One I don't need the form since my daughter and husband are on the ship, two I do need the form since we will be checking in at different cabins and three I need the form regardless. Does anyone have any first hand experience? I asked her to fill it out just to be on the safe side but want to know which answer is right. Thanks.

I think that you know that you should not need it. But if it isn’t much of a hassle, just do the forms. It is already checked on some database that you need it. 

• Like 1

My advice: forget trying to figure out who is right, and do what makes sense. It is better to have the form and not need it, than to need it and not have it....right?

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

My answer's probably not helpful, but I say just have the form filled out because. Since the kids are in your room, I'd expect they are your problem if something happens. At least I'm assuming "she" is your daughter. Perhaps I'm wrong in that assumption. 

I do know that you will be checking in a completely different area of the terminal than your son/daughter as you're in the Haven and they are not (again, I'm dangerously assuming). Since this is the case, this is likely why you need the form as you and your grandchildren will be checking in together, while mom and dad are checking in separately. 

Hopefully you get some real life experience answers too!

In addition to your points, you also have to remember that the Muster Station for the Haven cabin is likely different than the Muster Station for the non-Haven cabin. In the case of an emergency, the kids will have to be with the grandparents and not the parents...which makes having the consent form even more necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

My advice: forget trying to figure out who is right, and do what makes sense. It is better to have the form and not need it, than to need it and not have it....right?

In addition to your points, you also have to remember that the Muster Station for the Haven cabin is likely different than the Muster Station for the non-Haven cabin. In the case of an emergency, the kids will have to be with the grandparents and not the parents...which makes having the consent form even more necessary.

That makes perfect sense, since part of the consent form is allowing the party to make medical decisions on your behalf. 

24 minutes ago, jemz1949 said:

where is the link for the form itself ?     TIA

I received an email with a link to the form from NCL. I believe that they have it on their website too. I will try to find it for you.