Our S2S Adventure - Freedom / Spirit (with pics) - 1/7/23

Jamman54

14 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Hi, y’all! We’re on Valor and following along, too. Y’all stayed at Country Inn and Suites, Kingsland, GA, right? Not Comfort. 😂 We stay there, too, when heading to Jacksonville. Look forward to your take on Freedom. We had fun! 

It was great seeing you guys again aboard the Freedom. It's been much too long. We also had a great time, and I see you've added some more Freedom cruises! :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for pointing out that we indeed stayed at the COUNTRY Inn and suites in Kingsland, Georgia. I don't know how I messed that up since we have stayed there over a dozen times, and we'll be back there in April. Must have been a "senior" moment, and to top it off, I messed up on two posts! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jimbri said:

Looking forward to another great review!

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again! :classic_cool:

6 hours ago, blarko said:

Yay!! Love another Jeff and Patti review. Again, thanks for sharing and all the hard work that goes into your amazing reviews.

Thanks for following along once again, and for your kind words. It's our pleasure to do them! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I'm late to the party!  Thought you were starting your review tomorrow and I was actually going to start a count down today!  Thanks to both of you for taking me/us on another adventure!  😊👏🥳🍻

Hey Karry! You're not late as we are just getting ready to board the Freedom! I was ready to start a little earlier than I thought. Glad to have you on board once again! :classic_cool:

8 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

Wooohoo! Another Jamman review! 

Yep! Thanks for following along again! :classic_cool:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

It's interesting that the bungee jump was open on the Indy, it was closed the entire trip pre-covid.

Are you sure that wasn't the Mariner? Patti's zoom got a good look at that one, but not on the Independence. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Day # 4  -  (January 7th)  -  We board Ol’ Stubby!!

We are up to a sunny, though a cool 57 degree day, here in Port Canaveral. It’s embarkation day! Looking out our window, we can see the Mardi Gras over at Terminal 3…..

IMG_7582-X2.jpg

Patti heads down the hallways to get pictures of some of the other ships in port today. Here is the Wonder of the Seas…..

IMG_7579-X2.jpg

This is the Norwegian Escape…….

IMG_7581-X2.jpg

And finally, the Carnival Freedom. Texas Teach in one of his Mardi Gras reviews, referred to her as Ol’ Stubby, so I’ll give him the credit. I think that it’s the perfect nickname for her now. She will be getting a new Whale Tail in October…..

IMG_7580-X2.jpg

The Disney Fantasy is also in port today, and we will have pictures of her a little later. Now it was time to partake of the free breakfast that the hotel provides. There are two breakfast areas. One is on the Hampton Inn side of the lobby, and one is on the Home2Suites side. You can eat at one or the other, or even both of you choose. Here are some views of the breakfast area on the Hampton Inn side…..

IMG_0626-X2.jpg

IMG_0627-X2.jpg

IMG_0628-X2.jpg

IMG_0630-X2.jpg

IMG_0633-X2.jpg

Here are some views of the breakfast area on the Home2Suites side…..

IMG_0637-X2.jpg

IMG_0640-X2.jpg

IMG_0636-X2.jpg

IMG_0504-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

After eating, we went back to the room and finalized our packing and attached the tags. We checked out of the hotel at 8:45am and made the drive over to Terminal 6 where the Freedom was waiting for us…..

IMG_7586-X2.jpg

IMG_7587-X2.jpg

IMG_7588-X2.jpg

IMG_7589-X2.jpg

After dropping off our bags with the porters, we pulled into the parking garage. We were parked a little after 9. As we exited the garage, Patti took this picture of our location in the garage. We are old people you know! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_7590-X3.jpg

We found the priority line and got in it. We were the second people in line….

IMG_7591-X2.jpg

They opened the doors at 9:30am, and we began the check-In process. Everything went very smoothly. Because we are stopping at Grand Turk, they asked us if we were vaccinated, but didn’t ask to see our cards. We were directed upstairs to the Diamond seats. We were seated by 9:45am. At 10:45am they began boarding. They announced the order of boarding as follows: Diamond, Platinum, Suites, FTTF, Boarding zones. We were the first ones to board the ship. Here we are happily heading up the gangway…..

IMG_7592-X2.jpg

IMG_7593-X2.jpg

On the Freedom you board into the Millennium Lobby…..

IMG_7594-X2.jpg

IMG_7596-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

Now that we are on board, here are today’s “Fun Times”…..

IMG_7597-X2.jpg

IMG_7598-X2.jpg

The first stop of course, is the Lobby Bar…..

IMG_7600-X2.jpg

Here are our first drinks of the cruise…..

IMG_7601-X2.jpg

IMG_7602-X2.jpg

IMG_7603-X2.jpg

Here are the menus at the Lobby Bar…..

IMG_7595-X2.jpg

IMG_7612-X2.jpg

IMG_7613-X2.jpg

Guest Services and Carnival Adventures are both located in the Millennium Lobby…..

IMG_7599-X2.jpg

IMG_7607-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

From your picture at the Lobby Bar, I see the value in boarding early. My last cruise on the Magic, waiting to get a drink and being ignored, was a test of my patience. 😬

Yes, the Lobby Bar can get chaotic once embarkation really gets rolling. We'll head elsewhere once it starts to crowd up.:classic_cool:

9 minutes ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

It's PAR-TAY time.  😂  The Freedom looks way different with the Whale Tail.  Will be waiting for the rest of the review. 

Hey Barb! Glad to have you along for the ride again! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We only go to Fishlips once or twice a year (Grills is our place at the port) but I've never seen that many empty barstools there when we're there.

The picture was taken when we got there around 4pm. It got a lot busier as the evening wore on. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

Patti steps outside and takes these pictures of the Disney Fantasy, Norwegian Escape, and Wonder of the Seas…..

IMG_7608-X2.jpg

IMG_7609-X2.jpg

IMG_7610-X2.jpg

It’s time to get muster out of the way. Our muster station is “G”, which all the way aft on the starboard side on Deck 4. We cut through the Chic Restaurant on the way back there. This is the restaurant used for Your Time Dining (YTD)…..

IMG_7617-X2.jpg

IMG_7618-X2.jpg

After muster we head up to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons. The cabin isn’t ready yet, but we meet our cabin steward, Agung, and let him know we’ll be leaving our carry-ons in the closet. No problem. We’re getting hungry, so we head up to the Lido buffet on Deck 9, which is called the Freedom Restaurant. Here is today’s buffet menu and carving station…..

IMG_7625-X2.jpg

IMG_7622-X2.jpg

We decided to go to the Ol’ Fashioned BBQ up on Deck 10…..

IMG_7630-X2.jpg

Here is my plate…..

IMG_7626-X2.jpg

Here is Patti’s plate…..

IMG_7631-X2.jpg

Patti had gone down to the buffet to make a salad, and she brought me back a bowl of jambalaya…..

IMG_7627-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

It takes the newbies a few days to find this place, so for now it is almost completely deserted…..

IMG_7633-X2.jpg

IMG_7632-X2.jpg

Looking down at the Sweet Spot from Deck 10…..

IMG_7628-X2.jpg

IMG_7634-X2.jpg

IMG_7621-X2.jpg

IMG_7620-X2.jpg

Now that we have eaten, Patti is going to begin her picture tour, while I head over to the Red Frog Rum Bar. Patti heads up to Deck 11 aft, and the mini-golf course…..

IMG_7639-X2.jpg

IMG_7642-X2.jpg

IMG_7643-X2.jpg

IMG_7645-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

There’s a couple pieces of exercise equipment back here…..

IMG_7640-X2.jpg

IMG_7638-X2.jpg

This is where the jogging track is located…..

IMG_7650-X2.jpg

IMG_7651-X2.jpg

The Sports Court is in front of the funnel…..

IMG_7652-X2.jpg

There’s the parking garage where our car is…..

IMG_7653-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the Timeless Pool area…..

IMG_7654-X2.jpg

IMG_7648-X2.jpg

Looking towards the stadium seating and the Water Works…..

IMG_7647-X2.jpg

IMG_7649-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

Jeff and Patti, thanks for another great review. What a lot of work y’all put into these travel adventures!  We sailed on the NCL Escape the same day. I waved to your ship since I knew you all were sailing that day. Happy sailing!

Loretta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcgore83 said:

Great start to your review!  I always enjoy your reviews and Patti's pictures!

Thanks for coming along for the ride! :classic_cool:

24 minutes ago, ejnsb said:

Thanks for doing this.  Sailing on the Freedom for the first time on her transatlantic return in October.  Soaking up all the info.

Be sure to take notes! When you sail on her she'll have a brand new Whale Tail. :classic_cool:

7 minutes ago, MeMetwo said:

Jeff and Patti, thanks for another great review. What a lot of work y’all put into these travel adventures!  We sailed on the NCL Escape the same day. I waved to your ship since I knew you all were sailing that day. Happy sailing!

Loretta

Thanks for following along! Our balcony was on your side as we sailed out. Did you see us waving back? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3