Our S2S Adventure - Freedom / Spirit (with pics) - 1/7/23

Jamman54

We have ordered and received our food, but we forgot to take pictures. Patti had a cheese and fruit platter, and I had the grouper fingers. We both shared a caprese salad. The next ship to sail was the Jewel of the Seas…..

IMG_7534-X2.jpg

IMG_7537-X2.jpg

IMG_7539-X2.jpg

IMG_7538-X2.jpg

IMG_7543-X2.jpg

IMG_7544-X2.jpg

The next ship to sail was the Disney Wish……

IMG_7545-X2.jpg

IMG_7547-X2.jpg

IMG_7549-X2.jpg

IMG_7550-X2.jpg

IMG_7554-X2.jpg

IMG_7562-X2.jpg

IMG_7561-X2.jpg

The MSC Merviglia wasn’t sailing until later that evening, so we decided to head out. As we left Fishlips, we saw the moon rising over Port Canaveral…..

IMG_7566-X2.jpg

IMG_7567-X2.jpg

IMG_7564-X2.jpg

We stopped to fill up the gas tank, and then we made our way back to the hotel. After a quick drink at the pool bar, we made our way back to the room. We spent the rest of the evening getting our suitcases and everything ready for tomorrow morning.

Coming up next: We board the Carnival Freedom!!!

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I like the look of that colada.

6 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Im gonna have to try the colada next time I am at Fishlips, it looks delish! 

Patti said that Colada WAS delish!! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 7

@Jamman54...your pics of all the ships at Port Canaveral bring back memories for me of when we lived in Central Florida and would take our wave runner over there.  You REALLY get the feel for the massive size of the ships when you are in the water next to them on a wave runner!

One of the MAJOR advantages of living in Central Florida the proximity to ALL the Florida ports for cruising and we sure took advantage of it.

• Like 7

What great shots of the ships leaving-gives me a physical ache/longing to be there.

And the Suite hotel looks super nice.

And, Patti, I love Cracker Barrel too.

Can’t wait to follow along for the rest of your trip.

• Like 3

So happy to see your review,  especially looking forward to reading about your Spirit cruise as I will be on that ship for 23 days in Apr/May.  Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Cracker Barrel was also our favorite place to stop when we drove down from NY. 

• Like 2

So happy to see your review started. We sure missed being along on the Spirit. Jim had a busy week of work. Timing will work out so he can still do the Spring Break Magic cruise with the grandkids. The extra income will sure help paying for the parents of the grooms portion of the large August wedding and Jim is enjoying what he is doing right now.  I’m ready to take his place in retirement though.  Hope we can see you in April on your way to or from Miami.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for hopping on board! We have a lot to share! :classic_cool:

Hi, y’all! We’re on Valor and following along, too. Y’all stayed at Country Inn and Suites, Kingsland, GA, right? Not Comfort. 😂 We stay there, too, when heading to Jacksonville. Look forward to your take on Freedom. We had fun! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Jamman54...your pics of all the ships at Port Canaveral bring back memories for me of when we lived in Central Florida and would take our wave runner over there.  You REALLY get the feel for the massive size of the ships when you are in the water next to them on a wave runner!

One of the MAJOR advantages of living in Central Florida the proximity to ALL the Florida ports for cruising and we sure took advantage of it.

That was really cool that you were able to do that! Thanks for sharing! :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Jamman54....your hotel looks really nice!

It is a fairly new property, and is now our go-to hotel in Port Canaveral. Being Hilton Honor members helps as well. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I love the itineraries for your side-to-side cruises! Looking forward to another awesome Jeff and Patti review!

We loved the itineraries as well. Thanks for hopping aboard once again! :classic_cool:

17 hours ago, HeyJut said:

What great shots of the ships leaving-gives me a physical ache/longing to be there.

And the Suite hotel looks super nice.

And, Patti, I love Cracker Barrel too.

Can’t wait to follow along for the rest of your trip.

That's the effect we are looking for. I think Cracker Barrel should be paying us royalties! :classic_biggrin: Thanks for following along! :classic_cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Enjoying this, Jeff!  Thanks as always.

Hey Kathy!  Always happy to have you along with us yet again! :classic_cool:

16 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

So happy to see your review,  especially looking forward to reading about your Spirit cruise as I will be on that ship for 23 days in Apr/May.  Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Cracker Barrel was also our favorite place to stop when we drove down from NY. 

Glad you are with us! Wow, 23 days on the Spirit. That's awesome! And, another plug for Cracker Barrel! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

So happy to see your review started. We sure missed being along on the Spirit. Jim had a busy week of work. Timing will work out so he can still do the Spring Break Magic cruise with the grandkids. The extra income will sure help paying for the parents of the grooms portion of the large August wedding and Jim is enjoying what he is doing right now.  I’m ready to take his place in retirement though.  Hope we can see you in April on your way to or from Miami.  

We sure missed you guys on the Spirit, but things happen for a reason, and it seems to be working out just perfectly for you. I'm sure we will all cruise together again at some point. Yes, we will be heading up to Orlando for five days after our Celebration cruise, so for sure we can get together. I'll send you the dates as we get closer. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Yay!

Yay! Back at you!  We can always count on you to be along for the ride. :classic_cool:

14 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

I’ve been looking forward to your trip report! Thanks for much for the hard work you put into these! 

Thanks for following along, and your kind words. Welcome aboard! :classic_cool:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, wajowander2011 said:

Looking forward to another Jeff & Patti review.

Joe & Wanda

Glad to have you along once again! What have you guys been up to since last we saw you? :classic_cool:

13 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Joining all the others to say that I'm looking forward to another wonderful Jeff and Patti review! Thanks for taking the time to entertain us all. 😊

Hey Heather! Our review wouldn't be complete without you! Thanks for jumping on board yet again. You know I have to say it, Go Devils!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1