Junior Suite Boarding Times (Explorer)

stevea36

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

@The Scurvy Pirate if your SSP has "Suite" printed on it you will be able to board with the Suites/Pinnacles and should be allowed to enter the terminal at any time after they open the doors.

Is there a typical time for opening the doors, specifically at Port Canaveral? (I see that you're posting about Tampa, but wondering for us about our PC boarding). 

1 minute ago, colmenares3 said:

Is there a typical time for opening the doors, specifically at Port Canaveral? (I see that you're posting about Tampa, but wondering for us about our PC boarding). 

My experience with Port Canaveral lately has been the terminal opens generally around 10:30 give or take a few minutes but there's really no set time.  I would expect to be able to get into the terminal by 10:45 and then start boarding some time after 11:00-11:30.  Since you will be with the Suites/Pinns you will be boarding as soon as the B2B folks are through.  Have a great cruise.  I love Explorer.  We have sailed on her a number of times this summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colmenares3 said:

Not until November, our check-in date is Sept 22. Good to know that you can do that at midnight, I'm assuming eastern time?

You are in a suite. Don't bother with a midnight check-in unless you just happen to be up. I've never had an issue getting an 11 am check-in time on any cruise line the actual morning it opens at 8 am or so. Not sure how you are getting from Disney to the ship, but 417 to 528 to the port is typically only an hour and 15 minutes without driving crazy. On a Monday you will at least be going the opposite way of most traffic once you hit 417. 417 is a toll road though, not sure how it works without a sunpass nowadays. I always plan on arriving at 11, even in a JS, usually no waiting to get on the ship at that point, and if the USGC decides to muck things up with an inspection, the wait isn't as long. So enjoy a Disney breakfast, and just plan on leaving Disney at 9:30 or so and you will be getting on the ship plenty early even if you catch some traffic.

Just checked in for our Brilliance cruise out of Vancouver on Sept 17.  Our JS boarding pass says suite. Was able to choose a 1030am check in time for Canada Place being only 17 days from sailing.

I hope this checkin is better at Canada Place. It was pretty bad the last time we sailed out of Vancouver with long lines. Then waiting downstairs to board and once it was open, there was a mad rush to board ship with no guidance from port workers. Just a free for all.