Wine onboard - Breakaway

larry_s_taco

Would someone mind posting a copy of the wine list they have onboard? I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring some onboard. We have the free beverage package, but if they don't have what we like we will bring some. We are not wine snobs, but just like certain wines whether they are only $7.99 a bottle or $30.00 a bottle. 

Thanks

22 minutes ago, larry_s_taco said:

Would someone mind posting a copy of the wine list they have onboard? I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring some onboard. We have the free beverage package, but if they don't have what we like we will bring some. We are not wine snobs, but just like certain wines whether they are only $7.99 a bottle or $30.00 a bottle. 

Thanks

Personally, I would not expend the energy in handcarrying $8 bottles of wine. Just find something onboard that you like. 

Breakaway 2022

image.png.b706edef3770ed6dc915aad0832270d2.png

image.png.2ec996acf68877cc33e379aed3a7cde0.png

image.thumb.png.d829a34a9affda1c7daebdc81f2c08b7.png

image.thumb.png.21cc98b1d03f0fca7de150dc2504e7cf.png

image.thumb.png.4686e4c5ccbab6bb160674c914df7f6c.png

Edited by BirdTravels

So... If you get the premium plus drink package, I assume the bottles that have premium plus next to them(I know stupid question) are included?  This is the first wine list that had the premium plus notations I have seen. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

It's been reported that one cannot rely upon the published wine lists.  NCL is updating/change offerings frequently due to supply chain issues.  I would suggest bringing a few of  your own bottles.

Thanks for the suggestion. We want to be able to enjoy the wine we have with dinner. 

17 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

Thanks

Definitely bring some of your own.

18 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

Thanks

BTW, you wouldn't have to bring enough bottles for the entire cruise.  I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the wines even though I have the plus package. I'm seriously considering bringing a couple of bottles of wine as insurance, just in case I don't find anything I want to drink.  I can always carry those bottles back home if I do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

BTW, you wouldn't have to bring enough bottles for the entire cruise.  I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the wines even though I have the plus package. I'm seriously considering bringing a couple of bottles of wine as insurance, just in case I don't find anything I want to drink.  I can always carry those bottles back home if I do.

Good idea! Especially if you are not flying. I may do that as well since there is no longer a corkage fee if you have beverage package 

wait what? There's no longer a corkage fee if you have the beverage package? We have premium plus- can we bring bottles of wine on for free? First I've heard this!

Also, remember that with premium plus you get a 40% discount on bottles not covered. If you are into really fine wine- the fancier bottles like Opus One are actually cheaper than retail one you take 40% off the menu price. I know it's still a really expensive bottle of wine, but if that's your thing- the price ends up similar to what you'd pay in a wine store.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, Arrow34 said:

So... If you get the premium plus drink package, I assume the bottles that have premium plus next to them(I know stupid question) are included?  This is the first wine list that had the premium plus notations I have seen. 

I’m wondering the same thing. And if that’s the case then why are there $63 bottles that say they’re premium plus, but $27 bottles that aren’t? 

13 minutes ago, Arrow34 said:

Opus one on discount isn't bad either, if you have premium plus, $225 a bottle is decent.

It makes Jordan is about retail as well. The issue we have is vintage, my wife has a reaction to red wine younger than 5 or 6 years old so we have to bring our own. 

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 6:18 PM, Arrow34 said:

On 1/28/2023 at 3:29 PM, LincolnLog said:

I’m wondering the same thing. And if that’s the case then why are there $63 bottles that say they’re premium plus, but $27 bottles that aren’t? 

It’s bizarre, but that was my experience on the Escape recently as well. Some cheaper bottles that weren’t offered by the glass were excluded, yet many higher priced bottles were listed as included under the premium plus package. 🤷‍♂️