No flights for April??

Ess001

Hi All, I'm booked for a cruise early April flying BHX to Malta to join Azura. I haven't had any flight details yet and have queried with P&O who, in their usual unhelpful style, have said they cant provide details as its up to the aircraft carrier. Seems really short notice - anyone else ever head flights confirmed this late? It's less than 70 days. As they've recently cancelled some of Arvia's Caribbean cruise due to lack of flights I'm getting a bit concerned.

11 minutes ago, Ess001 said:

Hi All, I'm booked for a cruise early April flying BHX to Malta to join Azura. I haven't had any flight details yet and have queried with P&O who, in their usual unhelpful style, have said they cant provide details as its up to the aircraft carrier. Seems really short notice - anyone else ever head flights confirmed this late? It's less than 70 days. As they've recently cancelled some of Arvia's Caribbean cruise due to lack of flights I'm getting a bit concerned.

we fly in March and although we have the outward flights, haven’t yet received details of the return . We go in 49 days!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

we fly in March and although we have the outward flights, haven’t yet received details of the return . We go in 49 days!

We go the week before you got the outbound flights but still no return yet, just waiting for them to announce Azuras summer season from Southampton 🤦‍♂️😂

We only got our flight details the week before ! It’s difficult to make travel arrangements when you don’t know what time your flight is but it seems as though it’s something p and o do regularly with flights to Malta 

3 hours ago, LinniB said:

We only got our flight details the week before ! It’s difficult to make travel arrangements when you don’t know what time your flight is but it seems as though it’s something p and o do regularly with flights to Malta 

Another reason why P&Os public relations is virtually non existent

Strangely it might be something to do with the airlines, the best option would be to lease the planes months in advance and if they don’t fill them charge a supplement to those who actually fly to cover the costs , than you would know in advance the times.

When we went on a fly cruise in 2017 on the Oceana, we had details of out flights into Malta, weeks before we went, this difference now is we are post Covid, airlines often lease planes, many of those were no doubt returned, and air travel has not fully recovered from those times, the failure of FlyBe today is testament to that. 

• Like 1

We have had two experiences of fly cruise to  azura last year , the first was to Malta for croatia cruise we flew out with Tui and flew back with Titan got details about 6 weeks before. Tenerife in december from Gatwick was more confusing as we were late getting the flight details (jet2 from Gatwick) . Seemed strange as Jet2 dont do holiday flights from gatwick BUT it was a special charter only for P&O cruise customers. Oh and one of my cases was damaged on the return . The full width pull along handle was badly bent and the foam cover split but they said it was still useable and wont repair or replace. 

IMG_20221228_121949_resized_20221228_123723075.jpg

On 1/27/2023 at 1:19 PM, carlanthony24 said:

Someone said potentially end of the month we may find out.

We booked a TA 10 night package. I won't mention who, although the promotional email came from Cruise critic. 7 Nights Azura cruise, 3 nights 4* hotel. BA scheduled flights ,balcony, £729 each. As DW said ' rude not to really .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are probably on the same cruise.  I am flying from Glasgow.  I phone on Friday to ask and was told they are currently working through March flights.  Would/could not put a time frame on for when they will inform us of our April flights. 

Its a bit of a pain as the timings may be such that I would want a night in hotel the evening before.

On 1/29/2023 at 2:20 PM, Dinglebert said:

We are probably on the same cruise.  I am flying from Glasgow.  I phone on Friday to ask and was told they are currently working through March flights.  Would/could not put a time frame on for when they will inform us of our April flights. 

Its a bit of a pain as the timings may be such that I would want a night in hotel the evening before.

My flights have appeared today.  Later flght than I had expected  09.30 as compared to 0630.  It helps me make up my mind to stay over the night before.  If it has been the earlier flight I would have driven the 90 minutes as I would never have slept in the hotel knowing I had to get up at silly o'clock.  With the 0930 flight I can go over to check in around 0730 then up to the lounge and get a free breakfast.