Bringing Beer On Board?! Here's an idea

Dave_Nut

So, I'm planning on getting the Cheers Package, but I was thinking it would be nice to sip a good IPA on our balcony.  A thought and a question.

1 - Thought.  I see each passengers is allowed one 12 pack of soda.  I think it would be pretty easy to leave 2 visible soda cans in a resealed cardboard box and have 10 beers in there.  Has anyone done this? 

2 - Question.  I understand you're limited to 15 drinks per day.  If we were to buy room service drinks, does that go against our 15 drinks?  I even see they have liquor bottles for sale to enjoy in your room.  Is this still an option even if you have Cheers?

1. IMO, Carnival isn't new at this and will catch you.  They kinda do this a lot and have probably seen it all.

2. If you bought a bottle to have delivered to your room prior to the trip (I think that is what you mean) then that does not count.  They have no way of parsing that out per day.  Just like the wine you can bring on.

• Like 2

1. They open the 12-packs and investigate each can. Carnival has a fairly good beer selection, although certainly won't satisfy everyone.

2. You are limited to 15 drinks a day no matter how you buy them. The only way around it would be to buy pitchers of beer/margaritas, or bottles of wine/liquor. You cannot use Cheers when ordering room service.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

1. They open the 12-packs and investigate each can. Carnival has a fairly good beer selection, although certainly won't satisfy everyone.

2. You are limited to 15 drinks a day no matter how you buy them. The only way around it would be to buy pitchers of beer/margaritas, or bottles of wine/liquor. You cannot use Cheers when ordering room service.

Not if you buy a bottle for your room prior or bring on wine.  They have no way of separating that out correctly.  I **could** finish a bottle in a night and they would never know.  Then go buy a drink on Cheers.

Edited by Caps_Shield

Just now, Caps_Shield said:

Not if you buy a bottle for your room or bring on wine.  They have no way of separating that out correctly.  I **could** finish a bottle in a night and they would never know.  Then go buy a drink on Cheers.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave_Nut said:

1 - Thought.  I see each passengers is allowed one 12 pack of soda.  I think it would be pretty easy to leave 2 visible soda cans in a resealed cardboard box and have 10 beers in there.  Has anyone done this? 

"It's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him."

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, Dave_Nut said:

Thanks everybody!  Never been a smuggler and not planning to start now.  I'm thinking some sprite cans and a bottle of white wine.  Spritzers on the balcony it is and can't wait!

So putting 10 IPA's in a case of Sprite isn't considered smuggling?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mondello said:

If you drink beer like water and are worried about the 15/limit, maybe you should try RCI?

That might be my only major complaint with Carnival...  I generally cruise with my college friends once a year  and drinking 15 beers a day like the good 'ole days isn't too hard for us, especially sleeping about 6 hours a day, haha!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave_Nut said:

So, I'm planning on getting the Cheers Package, but I was thinking it would be nice to sip a good IPA on our balcony.  A thought and a question.

2 - Question.  I understand you're limited to 15 drinks per day.  If we were to buy room service drinks, does that go against our 15 drinks?  I even see they have liquor bottles for sale to enjoy in your room.  Is this still an option even if you have Cheers?

2013 called, they love this "new" idea to sneak on alcohol, lol. This is a known way passengers used to sneak beer on board...and the loop hole got shut by inspecting all beverages being brought on board. BUT, now the opening up 12 packs is hit or miss. They only wanted to see my bottle of wine this time and didn't even touch the 2 12 packs next to it. But that was out of Galveston this month. In the past, same port a few years ago with Carnival, the girl ripped open our boxes -- glad I had them in a bag so I could still carry them around. But many others were walking around in 12 packs sitting on top of their carry-on suitcases that hadn't been opened at all. So again, hit or miss. I wouldn't want to take the chance of the monetary loss of those IPAs though if they did open and confiscate it and looks like you agree based on your latest post 😉

• Like 1

I can tell you that they opened my brother and sister in law's 12 pack carton of soda and checked them all out.  This was in Miami.

You can order beer or liquor bottles in advance of your cruise,  for your room and I don't think they go towards your 15 drink total.

The only thing that counts towards you daily Cheers limits are indivual drinks (mixed/beer/shots/spiked coffees).  The other drinks included in Cheers DO NOT count towards the 15 which includes soda, energy drinks, fancy coffee and bottled water.  Pre purchased liquor/alcohol have nothing to do with Cheers as far as your limit, but you do get a 25% discount on wine bottle purchases.

6 hours ago, Dave_Nut said:

Only on Carnival