Toiletries provided?

LinniB

4 minutes ago, LinniB said:

not sailed with princess since pandemic Are toiletries still provided please ?

sailed with p and o and only shower gel in wall mounted container provided no shampoo and conditioner!

Yes. Shower gel in one and shampoo-conditioner (combo) in the other one.

Sink has hand soap now in a container, instead of the bar soap.  No hand lotion now.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

On my 3 2022 cruises the hand lotion is also provided in a large container in the sink area along with the soap.

Let me reword that…the old tube of Lotus Spa hand lotion, which I liked, is no longer available.

They do have a large pump of hand lotion.  It is NOT the same.  This new one broke my DH out.  Not too good.

I have my own packed already. Lol

Thanks for correcting that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Let me reword that…the old tube of Lotus Spa hand lotion, which I liked, is no longer available.

They do have a large pump of hand lotion.  It is NOT the same.  This new one broke my DH out.  Not too good.

I have my own packed already. Lol

Thanks for correcting that!

My wife has sensitive skin and would never rely on provided toiletries on board or in a hotel.  OTOH, nothing bothers my skin so I am satisfied with anything provided free of charge.  I’m guessing most people fall somewhere between the two of us.  I’m only annoyed when nothing is provided since I don’t pack my own and have to rely on her Dove bar and shampoo with a decidedly feminine scent. Of course if you look at  my profile pic, you would correctly assume I don’t go through a lot of shampoo.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

19 hours ago, AVCruzers said:

We never use the liquids provided in the shower.  We bring our own bar soap, shampoo and conditioner.  We did use the liquid hand soap at the sink.  

Same here. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AVCruzers said:

We never use the liquids provided in the shower.  We bring our own bar soap, shampoo and conditioner.  We did use the liquid hand soap at the sink.  

Us too. I really don't care for the stuff Princess has. We also never use any of the lotion or other things of that sort as they are heavily scented and I'm allergic to most scent. (When the neighbors use dryer sheets in their laundry I try to avoid being outside.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Of course if you look at  my profile pic, you would correctly assume I don’t go through a lot of shampoo.

Same here. Kind of like the old Brylcreem commercials: "A little dab'll do ya"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToehXHTCnswZRGm7tNTVqlsIKC7H7vtrr0KtoR4xUgnu8k9pByJptgV6W_uJra2MQaG1g&usqp=CAU

• Like 1

Same, we too take along our own soap, shampoo and conditioner from home. On our cruise a few weeks ago refillable large bottle of hand soap and lotion on sink (as mentioned above). The lotion is not as nice as the Lotus Spa lotion they formerly provided, in smaller tubes. Miss that! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes. Shower gel in one and shampoo-conditioner (combo) in the other one.

Sink has hand soap now in a container, instead of the bar soap.  No hand lotion now.  

we had both liquid soap and lotion pump bottles on the sink vanity on Enchanted in Nov 2022. But no bar soap - thankfully, I brought my own small bar. We are ok with using liquid soap for handwashing.

Body wash and shampoo-conditioner combo in pump bottles in the shower. Also, we bring all of these from home, because DS breaks out in hives when he uses cruise provided stuff, and I don't like the shampoo.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we had both liquid soap and lotion pump bottles on the sink vanity on Enchanted in Nov 2022. But no bar soap - thankfully, I brought my own small bar. We are ok with using liquid soap for handwashing.

Body wash and shampoo-conditioner combo in pump bottles in the shower. Also, we bring all of these from home, because DS breaks out in hives when he uses cruise provided stuff, and I don't like 

I thought the liquid soaps in the shower and hand washing soap was very strong and could be an irritant for some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Sink has hand soap now in a container, instead of the bar soap.

Maybe it varies by ship or cabin level, but on Regal in October in a Mini-Suite, we got the old-school round bars of soap wrapped in paper.  A new one every day.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Maybe it varies by ship or cabin level, but on Regal in October in a Mini-Suite, we got the old-school round bars of soap wrapped in paper.  A new one every day.

Nice.  That would be nice.  I’ve packed bar soap for our next cruise.  😁

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Body wash and shampoo-conditioner combo in pump bottles in the shower. Also, we bring all of these from home, because DS breaks out in hives when he uses cruise provided stuff, and I don't like the shampoo.

It sounds like he is both Itchy and Scratchy.

• Haha 2