Picture Packages

LadyMac72

We have a family cruise coming up in December. My son, his GF and both sets of parents/grandparents. I was thinking that for elegant night we can take "dressed up" pictures and get both families in one. Then the couples, parents and kids, etc. Was thinking about buying a picture packages. Have you done it and was it worth it?

Yes, I've bought single pic and a package. IMO, the packages don't really seem like a deal. I'm not into "tote bags" or Shutterfly books, which was pitched repeatedly back in 2017. I recall one package contained a framed canvas 16X20 print. We were flying home, so it wasn't practical to take back. Carnival will take as many pictures and poses that you request. However, you'll have to decide which ones to keep or pitch. 8x10's ended up at approximately $25 a piece. 

• Like 2

If you definitely will get the 5 pics, the package will save money.  Maybe $25 for 5 pictures? 

However, sometimes the photographers are less than great- especially if there are long lines and they are rushing people through.  And, if so, you may be paying a lot for so so pictures, if you don't get a chance to go again.  

14 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If you definitely will get the 5 pics, the package will save money.  Maybe $25 for 5 pictures? 

However, sometimes the photographers are less than great- especially if there are long lines and they are rushing people through.  And, if so, you may be paying a lot for so so pictures, if you don't get a chance to go again.  

Maybe wait till after dinner to get your pictures taken so you aren't rushed.  They will take their time then cuz it gives them something to do other than stand around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Maybe wait till after dinner to get your pictures taken so you aren't rushed.  They will take their time then cuz it gives them something to do other than stand around.

You eat less than I do clearly, I am good for nothing after dinner, better catch me before. 

• Like 4

On 1/28/2023 at 12:55 PM, LadyMac72 said:

We have a family cruise coming up in December. My son, his GF and both sets of parents/grandparents. I was thinking that for elegant night we can take "dressed up" pictures and get both families in one. Then the couples, parents and kids, etc. Was thinking about buying a picture packages. Have you done it and was it worth it?

We love the pictures, but there are no real packages anymore. buying many pics is about the same price per pic as one now. We also did a group picture last month on the Pride. 

Carnival is lately pushing the dreams studio sittings. My understanding is these are "free" sessions where you pay per photo, possibly with cascading discounts (the more you buy the more you save type of thing). I don't think there is any obligation to purchase any photos at all if you do a sitting. The "all inclusive" photo packages are mostly gone now, people didn't buy them enough I suppose.

30 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Yeah.. and all the pictures will have either tomato soup stains on shirts or mustard on ties.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:55 PM, LadyMac72 said:

Was thinking about buying a picture packages. 

Hi @LadyMac72🙂

I'm going to drop photo package info below. I hope this helps you.

You can pre-purchase the picture packages as well from Carnivals website. Click on the link:

https://www.carnival.com/pixels-photo-packages

20230202-133951.jpg

20230202-134007.jpg

20230202-134026.jpg

🍹

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, asalligo said:

We love the pictures, but there are no real packages anymore. buying many pics is about the same price per pic as one now. We also did a group picture last month on the Pride. 

Did you have to make an appointment for the group picture? Our family cruises next month and they want to do a family photo (16 of us). All of the packages state that they do not include groups over 10 and we would need to make an appointment. I plan to purchase a few digital images of my favorites of my boyfriend and I, but I need to figure out the group photo as well. 

10 hours ago, Rock Chalk Jayhawk said:

Did you have to make an appointment for the group picture? Our family cruises next month and they want to do a family photo (16 of us). All of the packages state that they do not include groups over 10 and we would need to make an appointment. I plan to purchase a few digital images of my favorites of my boyfriend and I, but I need to figure out the group photo as well. 

We did not make an appointment, but we only had seven. 

11 hours ago, Rock Chalk Jayhawk said:

You can talk to the Dreams Studio people when you get onboard. They can set up a special sitting for you.

The great thing about this is there are no sitting fees. You just pay for the photos you buy.

• Like 1

We have done in the past (more so as DS was growing up and his looks changed over time) but not lately as we cruise often and we dont always do the dress up and eat in the MDR thing.  If you all are going to be dressed up anyway then why not?  Who knows when you could all look so good together again.  

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

You can talk to the Dreams Studio people when you get onboard. They can set up a special sitting for you.

The great thing about this is there are no sitting fees. You just pay for the photos you buy.

I thought about doing this, but I’m very skeptical as I’ve heard the prices are outrageous. I know people are usually pleased with Dreams Studio and say it’s worth it, but I do not have upwards of $1k just to spend on photos. My hope was the Pixel people would be able to get some shots of our entire group and we could just purchase a few that turn out. Our group of 16 includes a three-year-old and one-year-old twins. So it could be interesting!

9 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Jayhawk said:

I thought about doing this, but I’m very skeptical as I’ve heard the prices are outrageous. I know people are usually pleased with Dreams Studio and say it’s worth it, but I do not have upwards of $1k just to spend on photos. My hope was the Pixel people would be able to get some shots of our entire group and we could just purchase a few that turn out. Our group of 16 includes a three-year-old and one-year-old twins. So it could be interesting!

I guess, based on the package restrictions, the photographers aren't supposed to do large groups, but maybe they will at times they aren't busy, and there are no lines?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I guess, based on the package restrictions, the photographers aren't supposed to do large groups, but maybe they will at times they aren't busy, and there are no lines?

Carnival doesn't want to sell a family heirloom portrait for the cost of a $25 8x10 is my guess. They want at least the chance of selling you an Olan Mills-style package from the Dreams Studio.

Edited by mz-s

I love our Dream Studio pics but I have to say the photographer at the photo viewing started out with a "package" over $1,000 for a large number of pics and a CD with pics.  We eventually agreed to 6 prints for $200.  Pricey but worth it IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Carnival doesn't want to sell a family heirloom portrait for the cost of a $25 8x10 is my guess. They want at least the chance of selling you an Olan Mills-style package from the Dreams Studio.

True, but never hurts to ask. And if they say no, you can still book a Dreams Studio sitting. Might as well ask first.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, ninjacat123 said:

I love our Dream Studio pics but I have to say the photographer at the photo viewing started out with a "package" over $1,000 for a large number of pics and a CD with pics.  We eventually agreed to 6 prints for $200.  Pricey but worth it IMO.

Definitely worth it, but damn it's pricey. Nonetheless, Carnival won, and we have a bound book of beautiful photos. 6 for $200 is very fair!

• Like 1