Diehard Princess fan might be crossing over…

h-sar

My family and I have taken 15 Princess cruises since 2006, along with a couple of forays into the Oasis class RCL. Did a 4 day quick Millennium add on after our New Year’s  Princess cruise 3 weeks ago. First time on Celebrity. We happened upon a great sale. Price couldn’t be beat as staying in Fort L for the few days before our flight home would have been far more expensive.

We absolutely fell in love with the smaller ship size and passenger load of the Millennium. Surprising as we are more newer build cruisers which mean larger ships. Looking at Summit for next January. Appears to be similar to Millennium based on YouTube videos. Glad to see that it also has been refurbished recently.

What we loved about Millennium: smaller size; lots of quiet areas with ample seating; the solarium; the steam room and large showers in the change rooms off the solarium; the Oceanview buffet with the separate stations (especially the ice cream bar and made to order pasta and stir fry sections); the pretty decent Indian station (I know of what I speak 😉  ); hot fries at the outdoor grill; the very quick seating in the MDR, even when we requested just a table for 2 rather than sharing, and the 75 min pace of the meals (this was incredibly more efficient than our previous week on the Regal Princess where the seating lines were incredibly long and dinners would take over 2 hrs; the abundance of servers in the MDR; the ample storage and the loveseat in our interior cabin; loungers always available on sea days; the rooftop terrace. Wasn’t too crazy about the Millennium pizza in the buffet; have to give that one over to Princess - they do have the best pizza at sea, no question!  Did miss Princess’ open 3 deck piazza and the International Cafe. But willing to forego those things for the occasional Celebrity cruise.

Am hoping to find that the Summit will give us a very similar experience next year as the Millennium did…???

Edited by h-sar
  • Thanks 2

Summit is almost a twin sister than Millennium both having gone through the Revolution.

Millennium was launched 1 year before Summit.   If you didn't see the name painted on the side you probably couldn't tell which ship you were on.  The main difference you may notice is the different art work on the stairs.

The both have  Tuscan Grill, Sushi on Five and Le Petite Chef as specialty restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h-sar said:

My family and I have taken 15 Princess cruises since 2006, along with a couple of forays into the Oasis class RCL. Did a 4 day quick Millennium add on after our New Year’s  Princess cruise 3 weeks ago. First time on Celebrity. We happened upon a great sale. Price couldn’t be beat as staying in Fort L for the few days before our flight home would have been far more expensive.

We absolutely fell in love with the smaller ship size and passenger load of the Millennium. Surprising as we are more newer build cruisers which mean larger ships. Looking at Summit for next January. Appears to be similar to Millennium based on YouTube videos. Glad to see that it also has been refurbished recently.

What we loved about Millennium: smaller size; lots of quiet areas with ample seating; the solarium; the steam room and large showers in the change rooms off the solarium; the Oceanview buffet with the separate stations (especially the ice cream bar and made to order pasta and stir fry sections); the pretty decent Indian station (I know of what I speak 😉  ); hot fries at the outdoor grill; the very quick seating in the MDR, even when we requested just a table for 2 rather than sharing, and the 75 min pace of the meals (this was incredibly more efficient than our previous week on the Regal Princess where the seating lines were incredibly long and dinners would take over 2 hrs; the abundance of servers in the MDR; the ample storage and the loveseat in our interior cabin; loungers always available on sea days; the rooftop terrace. Wasn’t too crazy about the Millennium pizza in the buffet; have to give that one over to Princess - they do have the best pizza at sea, no question!  Did miss Princess’ open 3 deck piazza and the International Cafe. But willing to forego those things for the occasional Celebrity cruise.

Am hoping to find that the Summit will give us a very similar experience next year as the Millennium did…???

you liked Princess' pizza more than the pizza on MSC?

I just read the link to Al Bacio.  I thought this was free.  It says there is an 18% service charge added to your check?  Was going to just pick up muffins there.  But wondering now if there is a charge there or if that is only for specialty coffees etc. Does anyone else know the answer to this?

3 minutes ago, madre2 said:

I just read the link to Al Bacio.  I thought this was free.  It says there is an 18% service charge added to your check?  Was going to just pick up muffins there.  But wondering now if there is a charge there or if that is only for specialty coffees etc. Does anyone else know the answer to this?

You only pay for the drinks , the food is free 

Please enjoy our complimentary pastries & Sweets”

18% sc  is for the gelato 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1