Drink Prices?

llarsen

Hi,

We have had the Beverage packages on many cruises and find that we hardly use them.

This time we went Standard and plan to purchase our drinks.

How much are drinks such as a Margarita or Daiquiri? 

On past cruises I've seen "Drink of the Day" for a discounted price that was listed in the daily print outs, but can't remember which cruise lines we were on that offered it.

Does Princess offer a Drink of the Day at a discounted price?

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

We have had the Beverage packages on many cruises and find that we hardly use them.

On past cruises I've seen "Drink of the Day" for a discounted price that was listed in the daily print outs, but can't remember which cruise lines we were on that offered it.

Thanks!

https://eatsleepcruise.com/discovery-princess-bar-guide-with-menus/

this site has a link to the various bar menus. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

Thanks!

No drink of the day.  

Also, any drink you order, like a $10 daiquiri is a minimum of $11.80, more if you are in ports which are subject to local taxes. Port of Los Angeles adds 9.5% ($1.21) to make a drink listed for $10 a total of $13.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

Thanks!

I can remember a drink of the day on Royal Caribbean.  I don’t think Norwegian had one.  Princess does not.  I used to get a coupon book from RCCL with a free drink of the day, which for some reason usually turned out to be a strawberry daiquiri. 

Here’s my math on it - Princess plus is $60/day/pp above standard. Assuming $16/day/pp for crew appreciation and $7.50/day/pp for 1 device medallion net (with platinum/elite discount) I’m at $23.50/day/pp without any beverage charges. Would I spend $36.50/day/pp (including the 18% service fee) on a combination of specialty coffees, soda, bottled waters, beer, wine and/or mixed drinks. Most likely. Even on a port day 1 coffee in the morning, a soda or beer after coming back from shore and 2-3 drinks before/during/after dinner and I probably would spend more than just buying Princess plus upfront. Each to their own, but I really feel it is an excellent value and makes the vacation much more seamless and hassle free.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Here’s my math on it - Princess plus is $60/day/pp above standard. Assuming $16/day/pp for crew appreciation and $7.50/day/pp for 1 device medallion net (with platinum/elite discount) I’m at $23.50/day/pp without any beverage charges. Would I spend $36.50/day/pp (including the 18% service fee) on a combination of specialty coffees, soda, bottled waters, beer, wine and/or mixed drinks. Most likely. Even on a port day 1 coffee in the morning, a soda or beer after coming back from shore and 2-3 drinks before/during/after dinner and I probably would spend more than just buying Princess plus upfront. Each to their own, but I really feel it is an excellent value and makes the vacation much more seamless and hassle free.

I agree with you, 02/05 will be our 50th cruise on Princess, &  when Princess reduced the price on the plan we jumped on & that is the only way we go anymore, our cruise on March 26 has the plan giving drinks up to $15, I presume the drinks are going up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

You are correct.

Internet $100 for 1 device (no discount) = $14 day

Crew = $16 day

Coffee package = $5 day (approximately)

2 drinks a day = $25 day (approximately)

This totals $60 a day which is the same price as Princess plus add on.

I think we will drink more on this Western Caribbean cruise than we did on Alaska and European cruises. I'll add on the package. Thanks!

• Like 1

My wife and I usually hit IC for a morning Vanilla Latte. )I sometimes have a shot of Jameson added to mine.) If it's a warm weather cruise she hangs out for a while at the aft pool and likes to have a beer. We like to have a glass of wine in the evening before dinner and to take one with us to dinner. We will have at least one drink in the evening. This more than covers the cost of the package that isn't taken up by gratuities and Internet access. (Of course I do tend to have a number of doubles straight up along the way so it really pays off for me.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1